Glasgow based accountancy practice, specialising in management accounting and strategic planning advice for charities and owner managed businesses.
Their service is based on a diverse range of experience from working within investment banking, public broadcasting, property management and arts charities. The professional and personalised service we provide is tailored to meet your individual needs. We offer a range of online accounting systems to keep you in control of your finances.
The position of manager is a new role created in response to the growing demand for services. The post holder will report to Tim and be responsible for managing a committed team to deliver excellent customer service through operational and commercial success.
The job is office-based in Legal House. The offices are modern, spacious, well ventilated and covid compliant. There are good transport links with easy access to mainline railway stations, underground and bus services. The company is committed to promoting sustainability; offering a bike to work scheme to all staff on completion of their probationary period.
You will be working closely with your colleagues to maintain the high standards that the clients expect. The job requires a large degree of teamwork, especially in the early stages of training. The successful candidate will need to be available to work in the office from their start date.
- Tax returns
- Payroll and PAYE
- Strategic business planning
- Charity accounts
- Companies house accounts
- Chartered accountant
- Management Accounting
- Contribution / Profit Analysis
- Business Planning
- Business Process Improvement
- Setting up Accounting Systems
- Management Performance Reports
- Tax Return Preparation
- External Financial Reporting
The role allows opportunity for personal development and financial bonus based on commercial results. Hours
The core hours of the job are 09:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday, with a focus on results rather than timesheets. You will have the flexibility to plan your workday and hours to suit you. Required
- Applicants will be required to evidence the following:
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Membership of a UK chartered accountancy body with 5 years post qualified experience
- Experience of working in an accountancy practice
- Xero adviser certification
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience of preparing statutory reports for HMRC and other external stakeholders e.g. VAT (MTD), Payroll, Self Assessment, Corporation Tax, FRS105, FRS 102, OSCR.
- Clear and professional written and interpersonal communication, especially over the phone and using video technology
- Resilience in the face of setbacks
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to balance initiative with seeking help
- Conscientious and attention to detail
- Self-management and management of others
- Experience of leading a team
- Commitment to continuous development
- Enquiring and analytical mind with a growth mindset
- Practicing certificate holder
- Experience of working with clients in the creative industries and professional services
- Understanding of the third sector and social enterprise
- Understanding of HR processes
- Experience of writing process notes
- Understanding of management theory e.g. Adair - Action Centred Leadership, Lencioni - 5 Dysfunctions of a Team, Hersey and Blanchard - Situational Leadership Model
You will be able to show that you have the following personal qualities:
- The post holder will have the following responsibilities:
- Support business development
- Client onboarding
- Team management
- Training and development
- Updating existing and writing new process notes
- Balancing workload to ensure all deadlines are met
- Recruitment and appraisal of junior staff
Keeping up to date with changes to accounting standards and ensuring that accounts are filed to comply with statutory requirements
Identifying and using software to improve the service to clientsRemuneration
The salary is £40,000 - £50,000 + Pension + Performance related bonus.