LANXESS is a leading specialty chemicals company with sales of EUR 9.7 billion and approximately 15,500 employees in 33 countries. The company is currently represented at 59 production sites worldwide.
The core business of LANXESS is the development, manufacturing and marketing of chemical intermediates, additives, specialty chemicals and plastics. LANXESS is listed in the leading sustainability indices Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI World and Europe) and FTSE4Good.
In order to achieve LANXESS's objectives, we operate within our company Performance Culture which includes our value : respect, ownership, trust, professionalism and integrity.
We are currently seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated individual for the position of Accounts Payable Accountant with French,
at our facility in Trafford Park, Manchester.
The Accounts Payable Processor has ownership of the end to end Accounts Payable invoice process, the key objective of the role is to maintain good vendor relationships, working in close coordination with operational procurement. Reporting to the Accounts payable supervisor. Key Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities of the role include the daily processing of purchase invoices, following up with invoice approvers and (or) procurement to resolve any outstanding invoice queries for price, quantity & contract issues to ensure prompt payment.
The role is also responsible for accounts payable ledger management and maintenance, including clearing debit balances and ensuring that aged items are promptly resolved. The role requires a good understanding of local VAT regulations to help ensure the correct VAT treatment is applied on Invoiced goods and services for the entities within scope within the Manchester SDC. The position holder needs to be able to work to deadlines to ensure month, quarter and year end closing processes, are completed in a timely manner and must adopt a proactive approach to issue resolution to ensure timely responses to vendor queries and prompt resolution of issues.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Follow up invoice approvers and (or) procurement to resolve invoice queries and differences including price, quantity and contractual differences
- Assist with Vendor enquiries (assist in handling and resolving of disputes, exceptions, differences and errors)
- Perform month end close processes (support source-to-pay reconciliations in blackline, perform supplier statement reconciliations, assist with the production of KPI's and reports)
- Process invoices (receive and record invoices, verify invoices, manage workflow approval process, three-way match)
- Accounts payable ledger management and maintenance (review and resolve debit balances & aged items and perform supplier statement reconciliations)
- Vocational training
- 2 years of professional experience required
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English, capability in another European language is an advantage Project Management Experience would be an advantage
- Experience in SAP FI-AP
- Interest in accounts payable
- Reliability, High attention to detail, number affinity, good communication skills, service orientation, proactive approach, problem solving skills
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Team player with pro-active approach and problem solving personality
- Sense of thoroughness and initiative
- French would be a preferred language
What we offer you:
Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages, inclusive of a global bonus program and an individual performance bonus program.
Comprehensive Benefits: We provide a mixture of various benefits to support your financial security, health and wellbeing including retirement plans, health programs, life insurance and medical care.
Work-Life & Flexibility: We support you in maintaining a balance between working hours and personal life. With our global "Xwork" program, we offer flexible working arrangements in all countries in which we operate.
Training & Development: We are committed to your professional and personal development and encourage you in the ongoing pursuit of education, training and knowledge through both formal and informal learning .
For us, talent matters, we welcome everyone who commits to our values. We strongly believe that including diverse perspectives makes us more innovative and enhances our competitiveness. Therefore, we embrace the uniqueness of every single individual and are truly committed to supporting our people in developing their individual potential.