Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
o We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
o We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
o We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
o Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
o Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
To ensure that all buildings are compliant to Statutory, Health and Safety and Technical Legislation
To ensure all asset data is accurate and up to date in Maximo and produce accurate and timely reports on all areas of compliance for both the Client and Account Manager
To act as QHSE and compliance expert and advisor for all activities on all sites
To ensure compliance with the Maintenance Quality Management System across the whole contract portfolio
Responsible for producing and managing Management Information for Asset and Compliance Information
To ensure all sites are statutory compliant, technically compliant and are operated safely in accordance with HSAW 1974
To advise Mitie and client management on statutory and technical compliance and on all aspects of QHSE
To ensure all assets are managed correctly
Ensure employees work in a safe and diligent manner
To ensure all staff comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
To arrange and/or deliver QHSE and compliance training
To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
Carry out investigations into near misses, accidents and H&S breaches and produce detailed reports
Carry out investigations into any compliance failings of suppliers and site team
Ensure suppliers are using approved products and that all works being planned is working in line with the clients and our own Environmental Plans
Provide proactive advice and assistance to engineering staff across the portfolio
Ensure compliance with legislation and improve the maintenance strategy for the contract
Ensure the delivery of SLA's relating to PPM performance through regular review and as appropriate ensure modifications and amendments are conducted
To meet with and audit employee and sub-contractor competences and working practices
To audit and monitor works in accordance with Quality procedures
Carry out Health and Safety "Tool Box Talks"
Carry out safety inspections as and when required in line with Quality Procedures
Implement the account compliance spread sheet, electronic files and hard copy files and maintain up to date records
Communicate with clients on a regular basis to ensure correct levels of customer care
Communicate with the Account Manager, Operations Managers and Supervisors to ensure consistency across the contract and information is shared to review and audit RAMS and permits to work
Ensure that a good understanding of the contract is achieved and that you make time available to be familiar with documentation and manuals as required to fulfill the role
Ensure that site Log Books are in place and used correctly on all sites and are audited regularly
Ensure team members are suitably dressed for work and have the required PPE and tools to carry out their jobs
Advise Management of building risks such as asbestos, water hygiene, cooling towers, closed systems and fire risk and produce Management Plans for all
Update the Management team and Client of any new legislative changes or ACoP relative to the contract
Attend as Representative for the contract at all Monthly QHSE Meetings and ensure meeting notes and actions are briefed to Mitie management and communicated to the whole team
Ensure all QHSE Communications are communicated to all staff and are available for them to read
Ensure that all staff are up to date on all training and a training program is produced to maintain staff at the required level
Manage the Compliance spread sheet and demonstrate performance across the account
To provide monthly and ad-hoc reports as required to the Account Manager and Client
Implement processes for services to comply with OHSAS 18001 and BS 8800:2007
Provide cover/assistance for other members of the Management Team in their absence
Audit all the supply chain effectively to ensure they are compliant and work to Mitie and GEM requirements
• Sufficient experience of operational and senior QHSE management
• NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health or equivalent, ideally diploma level
• Ideally a technical qualification or background and experience of working in a technical environment
• Internal Auditor qualification and auditing experience
• Demonstrable understanding of the Maximo CAFM system and its function in respect to frequencies, asset lifecycle and compliance
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Good presentation and report writing skills
• Ability to effectively deliver QHSE training
• Experience with practical implementation of ISO 9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001 & QUENSH
• Strong leadership and Management skills
Successful candidate will be subject to in-depth and intrusive security clearance process.
Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
• Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
• Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
• Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.