The PSC Existing business team is responsible for servicing our renewals & MTAs below £10,000 premium. The team is predominantly based in our Colchester & York offices.
The team play a critical role in the UK operating model and are responsible for existing business renewals and MTAs for our Manchester, York, Scotland, NI and London based brokers.
They work closely with the wider central and regional teams to deliver superb service to our broker partners in line with the agreed sales strategy.The Role
As Team Leader, you will drive the performance of your team to exceed the key measures set of GWP, conversion, quote volume and up-sell.Key Responsibilities
- Achieve and strive to exceed all performance targets set for the team. Key measures include service, GWP, quote conversion and productivity.
- Develop and maintain close, effective relationships with key stakeholders including back office, regional underwriters and regional managers
- Support the technical development and knowledge within your team
- Look for ways to improve the effectiveness of the team, ensuring that a culture of first time resolution is prevalent
- Lead and coach your team to ensure their broker and customer interactions are continually developed in line with the Hiscox sales coaching framework
- Support and develop team members to ensure strong performers are stretched and appropriate action is taken against underperformance
- Deliver a structured and tailored induction process for new joiners to the team
- Work closely with colleagues in the PSC management team and the PSC Service Manager to ensure we are delivering the best service for our brokers.
Person Specification: Person Specification
- Previous people management experience is preferable
- Demonstrable drive, self-motivation and determination to achieve results
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills combined with a proven track record of relationship management and customer focus
- Track record of coaching & developing people to achieve their full potential
- Strong influencing, negotiation and leadership skills
- Team player
- Customer obsessed
- Consistently demonstrates behaviours conducive to achieving both personal and team objectives, in line with the core values of Hiscox
Our must haves
- Proven experience of leading a high performing team
- Able to demonstrate experience of driving and measuring team productivity
- Reputation of cutting edge thinking within a customer focussed and sales environment
- Create an environment of trust and commitment to our customers, colleagues and stakeholders
- Dedicated to aspiring and empowering others achieve their potential and celebrating success
- Able to demonstrate your ability to spot sales opportunities and engage with the customer
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn't always have to be 'nine to five' and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.
#LI-SW1If you would like to know more about the role, or you are having any difficulties with the application process please send your CV and the four-digit job ref number to