Our client, a prestigious payroll service provider are looking to expand their team and are on the market for an experience Payroll Account Manager to work remotely processing their clients' payrolls.
As an Account Manager will be responsible for looking after all aspects of the client cycle, a full end to end undertaking. This means from implementation, to timesheet chasers, query management - through to pension uploads and year end requirements. This will include ensuring payrolls are completed accurately and in line with service level agreements.
Account Managers will be expected to be the 'Experts' and be well placed to aid with all Payroll and Pension related matters.Duties include:Client Allocation
The spread of clients across the categories of 'easy', 'tricky' and 'complex' will be as evenly distributed as possible between Team members, employee numbers will also be considered for each portfolio.Client Communication:
Being the point of escalation and resolution for your clients for all payroll queries, pension queries and HMRC discrepancies.
- Incoming emails/calls must be responded to within 4 working hours.
- Undertaking Zoom meetings where required.
- Managing your own workload, Monday.com will aid with the bulk of scheduling but manual intervention will be required.
- Workload will be scheduled and prioritized as per the 'my week' feature in Monday.com
- Reviewing scheduling tools on a daily basis.
- Ensuring chasers for timesheets are undertaken.
- Being always In tune with client deadlines, ensuring they are
- never missed.
- Ensuring your portfolio is completed on time for all deadlines (Pay day, BACS, CIS etc).
- Ensuring 'sign-off' has been received for required clients.
- Ensuring Payslip distribution is undertaken in line with client expectation.
- Ensuring Nil Returns are completed each month.
- Dealing with all things pension related - handling opt in/outs, new starters, postponement etc.
- Dealing with the pension set-ups, re-enrolments and re- declarations and regular weekly/monthly uploads.
- Quality Control / Payroll Checking
- Ensuring that 'Tricky' and 'Complex' grade clients are checked by a fellow Account Manager to reduce errors and re-runs.
- Ensuring every starter/leaver is checked.
Additional Revenue/Fee increases:
- Using Monday.com exclusively for internal & external tasks.
- Ensuring your task list always reflects an accurate reflection of ALL outstanding tasks, estimated time for each task and an action date for undertaking.
New Clients - Set-up / Implementation:
- Ensuring Re-run or extra charges are applied and updated on the additional charges board
- Above instances will be communicated with clients in advance and agreed before work is undertaken.
- Internal approval must be sought for any extra charges quoted before providing them to the end client.
- Employee brackets movements - adjust monthly invoicing accordingly with 'Extra Invoice' board.
- Checking all Brightpay setups, ensuring any potential banana skins are avoided from the outset.
- Checking PAYE Agent status - follow up to ensure in place [if
- Confirming pension Access - ensuring access is in place [if required]
- Sending Client schedule to each new client.
- Creating/agreeing/sharing a new schedule for each client ahead of the new Tax Year.
- Updating Internal systems.
- Providing handover info to new provider.
- Scheme closures HMRC/Pension provider.
- Providing reports to your clients Accountant, as required for Accounts preparation.
- Ensuring all CIS suffered/deducted figures are submitted.
- Preparing and filing of P11D Forms, where applicable.
- Ensuring that payroll re-runs/errors are updated within the Re- run/Error Board in Monday.
- Providing statistics of payrolls processed and associated key data for a given reporting period.
- Minimum of 2 years payroll experience
- Experience working within a practice or bureau managing your own portfolio of clients is essential.
- Experience of running your own payroll from start to finish on a sole basis
- You will be computer literate and able to demonstrate strong organisational skills, along with accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are required as you will be dealing with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Confidence with numbers
- Ability to work to strict deadlines