Deputy Manager, ASD & Learning Disabilities community step down service
Location: Bestwood Village, Nottinghamshire
Salary:From £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
"We are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic and compassionate leader to join our team in Nottinghamshire"
Working at St Andrew's Healthcare
A top 20 UK charity, St Andrew's is a unique provider of specialist care in mental health and learning disability. We aspire to deliver truly world class, holistic services within our outstanding, modern facilities. Our independence means we can always put patients' interests at the heart of decision making, while re-investing surpluses in frontline services
"Our patients and your colleagues will expect you to live the St Andrew's CARE values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence every single day."
St Andrew's Winslow is a non-hospital, residential building in Bestwood village in Nottinghamshire, which comprises of six apartments. Each apartment is occupied by a single resident who benefits from independent living skills and community engagement, whilst still receiving the support they need
You will report directly to the Registered Manager and will be able to access St. Andrews excellent learning and development programmes, and specialised training in a range of therapeutic interventions.
Broom Cottage is located in the village of Stonebroom in Derbyshire and provides personal care and support for up to five adults with a learning disability or autistic spectrum disorder. Some people may have associated conditions that included sensory disability, epilepsy and behaviour that can put themselves or others at risk. There are 5 residents who live at Broom and requires support with all aspects are their daily living.
As Deputy Manager you will lead the nursing team and ensure mechanisms are in place to support, develop and monitor all aspects of performance to ensure clinical excellence and outstanding care are delivered at all times.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- To ensure the delivery of person centred care/support services that promote independence, choice and dignity to empower people to live as independently as possible, ensuring adherence to least restrictive practice.
- To line manage the staff team and ensure that through effective leadership and management, full compliance to the relevant regulatory and professional standards and all nursing duties are completed in a timely manner including rota management, care planning and note validation.
- Proactively develop and promote positive partnership working with all stakeholders incl Regulators, Commissioners, Advocates, Case workers, Families and friends of service users
- Deputise for the Registered Manager as required
- Undertake on call duties on a rota basis as required.
You will join a well-established secure organisation who have been operating for over 180 years who can offer a stable working environment whilst also offering great opportunities for personal development and progression too.
We offer an excellent benefits package including 38 days holiday, sickness policy on par with NHS, free parking, cycle to work scheme, retailer discounts scheme & access to vocational qualifications.
Interested? We would love you to apply
Closing date: Monday 31st May 2021