Outstanding opportunity for an Account Manager (Manufacturing).
We seek someone ambitious, outgoing & willing to travel to Europe and the Far East a few times per year!
Enable Futures are operating as an employment business on behalf of its client and recruiting for a permanent Account Manager (Manufacturing)
based near Cheddar, North Somerset.
The purpose of the role of Account Manager is to manage communication with the supply base and customers. The Account Manager works closely with the suppliers and China office team to ensure that proposed changes to the purchase plan are negotiated and agreed. A thorough understanding of all production processes will be gained through visits to suppliers. Over time the Account Manager will be trained in all aspects of the Purchasing function, logistics, internal production and planning. Study towards CIPS levels 4-6 are encouraged.
The working hours are full-time Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week; the role will start fully remote working, with some office-based working to return in the future. The annual salary is £23,000 - £25,000 PA! Key Responsibilities:
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Build relationships with the supply base to ensure that proposed changes to the purchase plan are implemented.
- International travel to visit suppliers and attend trade fairs to build relationships and understand their businesses.
- Work closely with the China office team and ensure they understand the needs of the UK business to get the best results.
- Reschedule goods to maintain availability and manage inventory value.
- Ensure that all quality issues, non-conformances, returns and re-fixings are communicated effectively to suppliers and the best-negotiated agreement reached.
- Maintain high levels of daily availability and ensure that the requirements of all sales divisions are met.
- Build relationships with internal customers and provide exceptional levels of customer service.
- Trained to be able to cover logistics, internal production, and planning roles.
- Assist the Supplier Manager in delivering a programme of continuous improvement.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc projects as required.
- Highly numerate and comfortable handling data.
- Highly accurate.
- Willing to study CIPS.
- Outgoing and personable - good at building relationships with new people.
- Willing to travel to Europe and the Far East - 2/3 weeks at a time - 2/3 times per year.
- Good at self-management/time management - able to prioritise.
- Willing to drive change.
The closing date is 30th May 2021 - To Apply:
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays.
- Company Pension.
- Free onsite parking.
Please follow the application process for the site this job is advertised on email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have the transferable skills required Rebecca will call and email with more information and discuss this with you confidentially.