We are currently seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic SEMH Teacher for a Primary provision in Newcastle. The School are looking for a teacher who has the experience working with children diagnosed with barriers to learning and mental health diagnoses. This role is to start as soon as compliance is cleared. This role is full time starting after the Easter holidays.
The candidate would need to have great passion for working with children who need the support and trust to help develop their learning abilities and be able to build a good rapport with the staff members and pupils.
The right applicant must be able to encourage the student to do their best, to help the student to learn and enjoy all school activities and be proud of what they do in everyday life. The Teacher must be able to ensure that the delivery of the curriculum meets the needs of each individual and helps them foster an environment where the motivation for all to achieve and reach their full potential is at the core of their commitments.
* Creating a stimulating and welcoming learning environment to support the pupils
* Facilitating learning with the children and the pupils in the class
* Encourage appropriate social interactions with the pupils in the class
* Excellent classroom management
* Excellent SEN awareness
* Experience of working within a SEN school or alternative provision
* Excellent written and spoken English
* Hold a current and up to date DBS (or be willing to apply for one)
* You must be a UK resident or hold a full UK visa
Applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy • Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained • You must have legal right to work in the UK • You must be willing to attend a registration interview Education World