LUXURY TOUR OPERATOR, MAIDSTONE, KENT
HIGHLY COMPETITIVE SALARY, TRAVEL BENEFITS, ANNUAL BONUS
This established luxury tour operator in Maidstone, Kent, is expanding with a newly created team manager role, and we're looking for someone with a travel industry sales and customer service background and leadership/management experience. As a team manager within this luxury tour operator, you'll oversee the day to day management of travel consultants who they use their expert knowledge to inspire customers to book holidays, maximising all sales opportunities with customers' needs in mind. You'll also ensure the business delivers a best-in-class post-booking, in-resort and post-holiday experience to its customers.
As a team manager within this luxury tour operator in Maidstone, you'll excel in the following areas:
* Ensure the delivery of agreed sales performance targets within the team including
following up on leads and quotes in a timely manner to improve conversion rates
* Implement and measure KPI reporting to understand operational performance and customer
satisfaction, providing reports to the senior leadership team
* Manage resource requirements, including shift patterns and holiday rosters
* Act as an escalation point for resolving more complex issues or those that have been
passed on by the team for senior involvement
* Accountable for the personal development of each member of the team , carrying out regular
performance reviews, pro-actively dealing with any performance issues as required,
recommending training where appropriate
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company is an established luxury tour operator in Maidstone, specialising in a wide range of worldwide holidays to over 60 destinations. This a newly created role following company growth and business demand.
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND KEY SKILLS DO I NEED?
* Management, team leader or extensive assistant manager experience is essential
* A background within a travel sales and customer service role, ideally working for a tour
operator or within luxury travel
* Full understanding of ABTA Code of Conduct and Consumer Law relating to the travel
industry with a comprehensive understanding of booking conditions
* Expertise in managing, coaching, developing and motivating a team, driving sales and
ensuring outstanding customer service is maintained
* Proven ability to negotiate and resolve disputes with strong problem-solving capabilities
and decision making skills
* Commercially astute
* Excellent spoken and written communication skills, a confident communicator with team
members at all levels of the business
* Flexibility is required as you'll typically be working Monday to Friday although evening
and/or weekend work may be required during peak times or as the business demands
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
This is a full time, permanent role with a highly competitive salary plus annual bonus along with excellent company and travel related benefits. At this time, the role may be home based but you will be expected to be able to be office based once restrictions are lifted.
Tap to apply for this team manager job with our tour operator client in Maidstone, Kent.
Applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the country where the vacancy exists. We regret we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.
Progressive Travel Recruitment (a trading name of Progressive Personnel Ltd., est. 2005) is a leading international travel and hospitality recruitment company with offices in the UK, USA, Canada, United Arab Emirates, South Africa, The Maldives and Estonia.