1st Line Service Desk TechnicianLocation:
£18.5K -21k, DOE + BenefitsHours:
40 hours per week, shift patterns over 7 working days per week
We are a specialist provider of NHS IT Infrastructure and Support services, supporting NHS organisations to improve digital maturity and patient care.
We are looking to expand our successful Service Desk Team and are seeking enthusiastic and effective Service Desk Technicians to join our knowledgeable, enthusiastic and motivated team.1st Line Service Desk Technician - The Role:Manage Support Telephone Calls:
Deal with Clinical Supplier Software Issues:
- Answer the phone using Common structured interrogation techniques
- Keep the missed calls percentage as low as possible.
- Log jobs in a standard way, ensuring all detail is accurate, correct and all template areas are complete.
- Serial number recorded.
- Update job for call reference
- Verbally give call reference and indication of next steps
- If not first line or not able to fix, then pass as open job - explain to end user
Resolve Technical Issues:
- Correctly identify issues that require logging with Clinical Suppliers, and log appropriately
- Log all Choose & Book problems and complete the relevant MDS form and forward to the correct team.
- Chase all open clinical suppliers' calls. Ensuring the calls remain open until the end user confirms its fixed.
Manage support jobs:
- Use knowledge base/technical knowledge to fix open issues.
- Use remote support to dial in and fix issues when time allows
- Monitor the Support email mailbox and log jobs
- Actively look to close open service calls.
- Maintain activities set by Service Manager
- Monitor and chase/update/progress open support calls, regardless of who they are assigned to.
- Close support calls, ensuring agreement of resolution is confirmed with the end user. Fully complete the resolution field and fix to the knowledge base if applicable.
- Follow the service desk Rota and activities assigned are managed.
- Ensure all proactive monitoring alerts are dealt with promptly.
1st Line Service Desk Technician - Candidate specification:
- Meet and exceed the customer's expectations.
- Always be helpful and polite; offer to help as much as possible on all calls taken
- Promote the use of the customer portal to each caller.
- Offer services Healthcare Computing offer where possible to the customers.
We are dedicated to providing the best customer service possible, so a positive, "can do" attitude is paramount.
The ideal candidate will have fantastic customer service skills, have a real interest in IT and be a great problem solver.Knowledge and/or experience of the following would be very useful, although training will be given:
Experience of the following, an advantage:
- You will already have some experience of working within an IT Service Desk/Help Desk environment, but all applicants will be considered
- PC and server hardware
- Microsoft operating systems and products
- ITIL best practice
1st Line Support, Service Desk, ICT support, Technical Support, IT Helpdesk, ITIL, Service Desk Technician, Desktop supportWe will provide;
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance. No agencies please.
- A friendly, caring work place
- On-going training / learning environment
- Company pension scheme
- Health Cash Back scheme
- Free refreshments
- Free Parking (on a first come first served basis)