The Group Payroll team
The Group Payroll team is responsible for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all payroll related activities for the business in a way that supports delivery of the business strategy. Guided by our values, the team will provide an excellent business partnering service to our senior leaders that will help them to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. We have a challenge ahead of us to do this and the Group Payroll team, working really closely with the business, will play a critical role and bring expertise to shape, and ultimately ensure, we achieve our purpose and deliver our vision. Working in conjunction with the Group's business units, the role allows significant exposure across the Group. The role is therefore dynamic and capable of being stretched by the right applicant with an appetite to work proactively.The role
Recognising the importance of effective payroll management, this is a newly created role sitting within the Group Payroll team, which will perform a key role in transforming the Group payroll in line with the wider business strategy and vision. The role will have very strong links to HR, Reward and the wider business units. This role will be based in Milton Keynes. The day to day
As this is a new role, there is an exciting opportunity to really make an impact and shape the payroll function, which will be delivered by an onshore payroll team covering 10 statutory entity payrolls for over 8,000 employees, with both fixed and variable remuneration elements.
Having had similar experience, and now looking for your next challenge, you will be confident and collaborative by nature, and become a valued member of the payroll team.
Payroll Team Leader in Countrywide
Reporting into the Group Payroll Manager this role is responsible for the team's operational delivery of payroll across the company pay groups. Key objective will be to ensure accuracy, and drive efficiencies within the payroll function.Examples of what you will be doing:
Other helpful things to know:
- To lead, motivate, and coach the Payroll team
- Monitor the Payroll process ensuring accurate and timely payments
- Responsible for overseeing all payroll related data ensuring completion is accurate, timely and compliant with all relevant legislation and statutory regulations.
- Responsible for reconciliations in preparation for final sign off.
- Responsible for preparation of annual statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring adherence to GDPR and any breaches are escalated accordingly.
- Production and circulation of system reports and analytics within the agreed timeframes.
- Responsible for maintaining payroll procedures and implementing process change.
- To ensure high levels of confidentiality and integrity are always maintained. Develop and maintain strong partnerships with all stakeholders to provide an efficient payroll service to the business.
- This role will be based in Milton Keynes.
- You will have a number of years experience working with payroll processes, ideally within a number of organisations to have identified best practice insights
- You will have working relationships with: our payroll team; our HR and Reward teams in Milton Keynes; the commission's team and the wider finance teams (principally in Chelmsford and Milton Keynes).
- This is an ideal opportunity to join a leading Property Services business with opportunities for career growth.
Please include a full CV with your application.