CMA are delighted to be assisting our well known client who are based in Basingstoke, Hampshire. Due to a period of growth and restructure they are currently recruiting for the newly created role of Assistant Accountant. This is a particularly exciting opportunity for an individual to support the Head of Finance and act as Business Partner.What will the role involve?
- Adhering to the monthly closing checklist, ensuring prompt and accurate booking of closing journals in line with group policy and obtaining suitable evidence and authorization;
- Maintaining a proactive dialogue with Accounting Manager throughout the month to manage expectations and escalate any delays or issues;
- Preparing financial control reconciliations, managing provisions with a timely resolution of reconciling items in conjunction with the account owner, and ensuring there is a clear action plan in place which is managed and fed back to the Accounting manager on a timely basis;
- Reviewing the status of the financial control reconciliations, reporting and escalating any unresolved differences in a timely manner and being aware of the control environment and risks within this. Supporting other Accounting team members to resolve issues and meet key deadlines;
- Developing a commercial understanding of accounting balances and continuously developing accounting processes and reconciliations in response to changes in business processes or available information;
- Assisting more junior team members with accounting processes, reconciliations and group reporting;
- Providing detailed and effective trend analysis on P&L and Balance sheet positions each month to the Accounting manager which is used to assist in month end closing and resolution of balance sheet positions.
Additional benefits and information:
- Studying towards professional qualifications (ACCA, CIMA) with a strong educational background;
- Strong Excel skills are essential, along with excellent interpersonal/communication skills and attention to detail;
- Pro-active and independent with an analytical approach;
- Work experience as an Accounts Assistant, including experience of working to deadlines;
- Oracle/SAP experience is also desirable.
- The role is offered with a very a very attractive benefits package along with full study support;
- Excellent working environment;
- An opportunity to get involved with all areas of finance;
- Opportunities for progression.
CMA Recruitment Group is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. CMA complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn't discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that CMA may contact you in connection with your application in relation to CMA providing you with work finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website. CMA is currently receiving a high volume of applications. Whilst we ensure all applications are considered, regrettably, it may not be possible to respond individually to all applications received.