Interim Procurement Executive (6 Months FTC)
Our client is a successful Pharmaceutical business based in Surrey, who are looking for an Interim Procurement Executive
for a 6-month fixed term contract, start date 10th of May.
As the Procurement Executive
you will work alongside one other team member and with key business stakeholders and various other departments which make up the Supply Chain team, you will be responsible for procuring new, in use medicines and products for all departments of the company and to regularly review existing suppliers and ensure the company is getting the best terms.
This includes contributing and networking and negotiating with suppliers and contractors for the best commercial terms, you will also be responsible for planning the procurement activities to ensure continuous stock availability on site, in all cases operating within the required SOPs.
You will report to the Operations Director and regularly report directly into the CEO and your focus will be towards the business stakeholders in deploying a professional and value driven end to end supply chain approach.The role includes some of the following responsibilities:
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- Manage stock levels, forecasting, planning accurately and correctly assessing needs. Ensuring the company is at no time over or under stocked.
- Managing the MHRA import permissions, applications, chasing up for approvals and efficient recording of these
- Managing Home Office applications for scheduled drugs imports & Exports and efficient recording of these
- Managing procurement and regulatory requirements for Raw material and finished products of Cannabis Based medicines.
- Working with The Business Development Director to manage the sourcing and procurement of Clinical Trial medicines.
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance department to manage supplier approval and supply chain routes, obtain quality documentation relating to the product, supplier and supply chain route, review documentation, fill quality documentation prior to the approval of all aspects of the supply chain, in particular with regards to API & Excipients.
- Researching products and suppliers, reviewing tenders
- Monitoring orders placed daily
- The post holder will ideally have a Business Administration or Management qualification - (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or a student member working towards the professional qualification)
- Minimum of 2-3 years' procurement experience, ideally in a pharmaceutical environment
- Working knowledge of procurement regulations under the umbrella of GMP & MHRA
- Commercial acumen, being able to understand complex commercial issues, and drive complex commercial negotiations to conclusion.
- Team player with proven experience working with cross functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal