The main purpose of this role is to act as Legal PA to a solicitor and provide an excellent standard of service to clients.SECRETARIAL DUTIES
- Secretarial duties including client file opening on Tikit (the practice management system), typing of documents (including using track changes) and correspondence (often using audio), filing, scanning and collating documents, photocopying, diary management and client liaison.
- All correspondence and documents to be checked for accuracy before being given to fee earner for checking/signature.
- Ensuring fee earner has everything he needs for meetings, including directions and map and correct paperwork.
- Greeting clients, making refreshments and advising fee earner of their arrival.
- Opening new client matters on case management system and in paper form. Running identity checks for clients using Global ID system and filing results. Alerting fee earner to failed checks and seeking documentary id from clients.
- Printing and filing e-mail correspondence and filing on case management system and paper files.
- Monitoring e-mails and taking telephone calls and arranging for other colleagues to deal with urgent matters.
- Sending statements of outstanding invoices to clients.
- Drafting land registry forms, stamp duty land tax returns, transfers and all other administrative matters relating to sales and purchases including completion statements.
- Arranging for cheques received in the post to be recorded in the cheques register book.
- Generating invoices via case management system, sending to clients by e-mail or post and adding to Excel spreadsheet and filing as appropriate. Ensuring all disbursements are picked up on the invoice.
- Posting of incoming credits and outgoing debits (including disbursements) on the accounts section of the case management system. Full training to be given on this part of the case management system, and this element of the role will only be applicable once the successful applicant has been employed for an appropriate period of time and is sufficiently experienced in other aspects of the role.
- Proficient audio typist
- Excellent telephone manner - confident and friendly
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Windows, Word, Outlook
- Excellent standard of written English, including spelling and grammar
- Willing to learn the practice management system Tikit (full training will be given)
- Previous experience with a case management system preferred.
- Willing and able to provide an excellent standard of service to our clients
- Good team worker
- Enthusiastic and willing to share in all aspects of office life
- Flexible to undertake jobs which need to be done and to assist colleagues when their own workload permits
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.