Opportunity to join a well established electronic consumer goods and software business based in Reading, the role reports to the General Counsel and focuses on privacy matters within the EMEA region. This role can offer a mainly remote working arrangement for those that require it, with 1-2 days per month being required in the office. Client Details
A multinational, innovative electronic consumer goods business, this business also offers software in the form of cloud based services. Description
This Legal Counsel, Data Privacy role is based in Reading and involves:
An extremely varied in-house legal role, with a strong focus on Data Privacy, which provides the opportunity to work with a range of internal stakeholders both nationally and internationally.
- Support the European businesses to ensure compliance with all applicable Data Privacy laws
- Become the day to day primary point of contact for internal and external GDPR enquiries
- Advise on legal and other regulatory, compliance and corporate governance related matters across Europe
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of contracts
- Work with external counsel where necessary and manage external legal spend
- Build relationships across the Europe Group
- Prepare training material and presentations, and provide legal training to staff as required
- Any other ad hoc tasks and responsibilities as required
This Legal Counsel, Data Privacy role is based in Reading and requires:
- UK (or comparable jurisdiction) qualified lawyer
- Accredited Data Privacy Professional
- A good understanding of Data Privacy law is essential. Broader knowledge of Commercial law also beneficial.
- Experience at law firm and/or previous in-house experience an advantage.
- A relationship builder, strong communication skills both written and spoken with the ability to communicate effectively and translate complex legal topics across a diverse set of businesses and with staff at all levels, including senior management
- A commercially pragmatic approach
- Able to operate independently
- Extremely professional: calm under pressure, clear thinking, well organised, proactive and grasps concepts quickly.
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities with limited instruction
- Fluent in English, and capable of working with different cultures
Please enquire for full details, salary dependent on experience level
This role can offer flexible working, with remote working options.