We currently have a Reactive Media Manager position available for a motivated individual to join our team based in Exeter on a full time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £35,000 per annum.
Pennon Group, which comprises South West Water, Bournemouth Water and Pennon Water Services, is a leading business in the water industry delivering for the benefit of customers, communities and the environment.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers
Our core values which are essential to our success:
• Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
• Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
• Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities and each other.
• Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We're one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits which include: free car parking at the majority of our sites, company Sharesave Scheme, and various health benefits.
As our Reactive Media Manager, you will protect the reputation of the company and tell the story of Pennon, gaining support and credibility for the leadership and business overall. You will support the Head of Media Relations to deliver the business plan objectives which will enable the delivery of the company vision and achievement of its purpose.
Responsibilities as our Reactive Media Manager will include:
- Positively reacting to press enquiries with proactive company messaging and in a way that shares the information that we want to present whilst responding to the enquiry
- Writing press releases, key documents and factsheets and reviewing business information to translate into easy language for journalists and external stakeholders to understand
- Advising the Communications team on proposed reactive statements and the rationale for the response
- Being the key owner of story mining across the business by creating a new network of business stakeholders
- Aligning activity to the eternal media strategy and plan proactively promoting Pennon and South West Water and the achievements across the business
- Regularly meeting with the Customer Service Directorate to stay aligned and to offer advice and expertise
- Managing relationships with regional media outlets
- Supporting and working alongside the media manager to proactively manage relationships with regional media outlets and to book opportunities according to our plans
- Driving and supporting external communication of key business leaders following planned media opportunities
- Working closely and as a team with the Media Manager and Social Channels Manager to join up, share experiences and collaborate
- Playing a key role in the Corporate Affairs and Colleague Communications team and own ad hoc projects and duties that arise
- Representing Corporate Communications and Pennon/SWW on industry and regulator calls, meetings and articles
What we are looking for in our ideal Reactive Media Manager:
- External communications training
- A journalism/media/communications background
- The ability to write varied documents such as press releases, positive business stories, reactive media statements, factsheets and other documents
- Experience of supporting the delivery of a media plan against business strategy and priorities
- Experience in mining and identifying stories from within a business to help articulate the company vision and purpose
- Experience in working with senior business leaders on reactive and negative media enquiries
- Experience of influencing senior business leaders to generate proactive and positive stories
- Media and press knowledge - editorial processes and press release writing
- External media reporting skills
- Knowledge of all media, online, print, news, social media and corporate channels
Closing date: 21st May 2021
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Reactive Media Manager - we look forward to receiving your application