You'll do more than the expected. You'll do the unexpected.
The role of Compliance Advisory Manager supports the development and ongoing maintenance of a comprehensive and sustainable compliance program for all Lines Of Business (LOB) and functions' current and future businesses and initiatives in the UK for both the card issuing business, AESEL and the acquiring business, AEPSL.
Reporting into a Senior Manager, in the UK Market Compliance Office.
Duties will include:
Support development and ongoing maintenance of the Compliance Program of all LOBs in the UK. This will include:
- completing Compliance Risk Assessments;
- drafting the Annual Compliance Plan;
- completing the Business Unit Compliance Assessment; and
- advising on Issue Management, Regulatory Change Management and New Product Approvals
Provide expert compliance advice and guidance to the all LOBS in the design and implementation of products, customer interactions/marketing, processes, and controls so as to comply with all applicable laws and regulations;
Support the practical implementation of new regulatory directives impacting all LOBs in the UK and remediation activities as required;
Develop and/or assist in the development and maintenance of compliance-related policies:
- Coordinates and as necessary develop and conduct customized training and communication plans to meet compliance needs;
- Provide insight and reporting to the UK Market Compliance Officer, holder of SMF16 and 17, on resolution of compliance-related incidents and gaps, regulatory changes and ensure timely remediation of significant projects;
- Participate with regulatory interactions, to include reporting, consultations or investigations, in partnership with the Regulatory Liaison Team within the UK MCO;
- Keep up to date a working knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and company policies to identify the Company's legal obligations.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.Qualifications
- Five plus years as a Compliance Manager in an advisory capacity with working knowledge of the UK Retail Banking/Payments industry
- Proven ability to understand legal and regulatory concepts and convert them into relevant, practical business requirements and compliance solutions
- Self-motivated, energetic team player with proven ability to work effectively in a matrix organization and across international markets with all levels of management
- Strong influencing, communication, and relationship skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Univeristy degree and or compliance / legal qualification
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.