Are you known for your exceptional organisational skills, with the ability to keep on top of a number of tasks? Are you an experienced legal secretary recently having worked in family law?
We're looking for a self-starter with a "can do" attitude, fantastic work ethic with extensive experience of family law secretarial work. You will play a vital role in providing support to our directors. You will liaise on a daily basis with the directors and your colleagues, to ensure the smooth day to day running of the office and completing all secretarial and support duties.
This role would suit a motivated individual who has experience as a legal secretary in family law.
If this is you... APPLY NOW!
Our boutique family law firm is based in beautiful countryside offices outside Reading. We're a dynamic, forward-thinking Legal 500 law firm specialising in family law and divorce. We offer our City-level expertise in a countryside setting to local, national and international clients.THE ROLE
You will be part of a busy team, interacting daily with the directors and clients to understand ever-changing needs.
Duties will include but are not exclusive to:
- Meet and greet clients (you will be the face and voice of the company)
- Answering the telephone in a professional and friendly manner and liaising with the court, barristers and other solicitors
- Assisting with managing the day to day running of the office as part of a dynamic but friendly team
- Organising and maintaining up-to-date systems to ensure effective document management
- Diary management for the directors
- Ensuring all work activities are scheduled effectively, including the identification and resolution of potential challenges and clashes
- Making appointments and co-coordinating internal and external client meetings, conferences with barristers and other professionals
- Processing and composing professional emails to clients
- Assist the directors with marketing and compliance campaigns/plans
- Preparing and typing legal documents
- Preparing and submitting expense claims
- Collating and indexing legal documentation and court bundles
- Filing, taking payments
- Organising post - incoming and outgoing
- Upkeep of databases and internal CRM systems to ensure that all contact details are accurate and up to date as well as the bank of precedents
- Ensuring office processes run smoothly
- Completing ad hoc duties as required
- And there's more, if you enjoy driving businesses forwards and helping progress them. -
The successful candidate will have:
- A positive and pro active 'can-do' approach
- Sound judgement and decision making/problem solving skills
- Extensive legal secretarial and support experience in family law
- The ability to take personal responsibility, and display discretion when dealing with sensitive information
- The ability to remain calm in pressured situations, maintaining tact and diplomacy
- The ability to build relationships with directors, colleagues, and external clients/contacts
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office (intermediate level in Excel essential) and other commonly used office applications
- Strong use of CRM systems and the ability to adapt to a new CRM system
- Fast and accurate typing skills and audio preferable and not essential
- Amazing attention to detail, this is paramount
- A high standard of literacy and numeracy
- An effective and professional telephone manner
- Client service orientated approach and ability to use knowledge and experience to anticipate needs and respond to requests/queries from clients on own initiative
- A confident and friendly manner with a sense of humour
- The ability to work either on own initiative or as part of a team
The right candidate will receive a competitive salary based on experience together with a generous holiday allowance (including Christmas closure), pension, free parking, and other benefits.
If you have the experience and ambition to make a difference please apply now.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note you will need a car to drive to our location, as there is no direct public transport to our offices.