Adecco are proud to be working with a Law Firm who have a fantastic reputation.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a commercially minded solicitor to join one of the leading technology practices in the North East on a permanent, full time basis.
The specialist, multi-disciplinary technology team provides expert support to businesses on wide range of legal issues such as intellectual property rights, software licensing, fundraising, franchising, data protection and commercial contractual matters.
The department has extensive experience of supporting pre-revenue businesses, start-ups and established businesses operating in the digital and creative sectors
The successful candidate will have experience running a mixed caseload of commercial matters and will work closely with clients to deliver high quality and business focussed legal solutions to clients while providing excellent customer service.
They will be technically proficient in reviewing, drafting, and negotiating all types of commercial agreements including IT/software related contractual arrangements, non-disclosure agreements, franchise agreements, distribution agreements, trademark registrations and IP licences with a strong leaning towards technology matters.The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of commercial contracts and IT/software projects
- Experience in the technology and Software sector
- 3 year PQE +
- The ability to identify solutions and give clear and pragmatic advice in accordance with the firm's risk and quality management procedures
- The ability to meet financial targets by ensuring accurate time recording, realistic fee estimates, timely billing and working effectively to maximise financial performance
- A team orientated mind-set and the ability to work collaboratively with other members of the commercial services department and wider firm
- The ability to build, maintain and nurture an appropriate network of contacts, referrers and business partners.
- A willingness to participate in business development activities and cross sell the services of the firm
- Excellent commercial awareness and up to date knowledge of the sector
- A willingness to work autonomously and flexibly
- The ability to provide supervision and coaching to departmental secretaries to maximise their performance and development
- A hard working attitude and a resilient nature
On offer is a fantastic package with excellent benefits.
Please get in contact if you would like to discuss it further.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.