Are you a newly qualified Science Teacher (NQT) who is looking to gain more classroom experience in a wide variety of secondary schools? Or are you an experienced secondary Science teacher who is fed up with all the paperwork that teaching brings?
Due to a recent demand, Academics are looking to recruit enthusiastic secondary Science teachers for day-to-day supply and short/long term contracts within our partnership schools in Stoke-on-Trent.
This is a fantastic opportunity for qualified teachers to gain experience in a variety of secondary schools with reduced hours and more flexibility.Science Teachers who apply will have:
- A proven track record of teaching Science (general science that includes biology, chemistry, and physics) to Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4. You may desirably hold experience of teaching other science specialisms such as astronomy, the environment, genetics, and zoology; however these subjects are not essential for this role.
- Be an outstanding communicator and motivator in the classroom.
- You must hold the relevant science and teaching qualifications (PGCE, B.Ed. or BA Hons) with a QTS (Qualified Teacher) or NQT (Newly Qualified Teacher) status.
- Deliver exciting and engaging science lessons using your own initiative.
- Hold a current Enhanced DBS that is registered with the Update Service or be prepared to apply for a new Enhanced DBS with ourselves directly (cost applied).
Academics are a national education agency that specialises in the recruitment of permanent, long term and daily supply teachers and education support staff. As an Academic's Science Teacher you will have a dedicated consultant who will support you with your career and who will give you access to a variety of opportunities, all at great rates of pay.
If you are interested in flexible daily supply work and you are a qualified (or a newly qualified) Science Teacher click the APPLY NOW
button below to submit your most up to date CV for review. Please be aware that to be eligible and considered for this role you will firstly undergo our registration process, which includes our full obligatory compliance and safeguarding checks. Your salary will be dependent on your qualifications, experience, and teaching status. The minimum experience that you must require for this role is a Qualified Teaching Status and that you must be able to provide professional references that evidence your experience of teaching Science in a school or education setting.