I am excited to be supporting a leading Public Sector Organisation based in The West Midlands. We are looking for a Procurement professional wanting a step forward with an exciting group currently investing heavily in their team. This is a Procurement Officer role paying up to £45,000 + excellent benefits and flexible working.
What will you be doing?
- Provide innovative strategic advice and develop and implement appropriate procurement sourcing strategies that align to business priorities in order to deliver best value, innovation and robust contractual arrangements.
- Develops and maintains appropriate relationships with internal customers, key stakeholders, and public, private and third sector suppliers; develops relationships with authorities and other government bodies where appropriate.
- Actively searches for, and promotes collaborative, lean and innovative working practices across the landscape
- Raise the profile of procurement through the increase of cross-functional team working and networking with internal customers and stakeholders.
- Management of the procurement portfolio for allocated support areas, specifically leading and delivering results on an array of exciting projects.
- Support mobilisation post contract award by leading on specific contract management processes, supplier relationship management, ongoing performance management and specific contract implementation meetings and processes
Skills that would be of benefit:
- Purchasing experience is essential; demonstrates the ability to develop procurement strategies (using appropriate tools and techniques), lead on engaging and evaluate tender responses, undertake bid conditioning and bid clarification, debriefs suppliers, award contracts, manage supplier relationships, supplier performance and undertake supplier and contract management activities.
- Knowledge of Adult Education/Housing/Energy sector desirable
- Strategic sourcing knowledge and experience essential
- Previous experience working with EU Public Procurement Regulations essential
- Experience of computerised financial systems is essential.
- Experience of e-tendering systems is essential
- Ability to build credibility with key stakeholders and obtain their 'buy in'
- Experience of influencing senior management to accept and endorse proposals, procedures, systems and methods of working