Assistant Buyer required for main contractor near Horsham. This client is a success story...they are running a hugely profitable, expanding, multi region business. They pay market leading salaries and continue to train their staff throughout their career. This is a great opportunity to accelerate your career and work for a company that will help you meet your ambitions.
Due to continued growth they are looking to appoint an Assistant Buyer. The successful applicant will have some experience working for either a building contractor or developer in a similar role.
To assist in providing an efficient and effective procurement service to projects and the business requirements.
- Carry out Material Procurement on live projects.
- Build and maintain relationships both internal and external
- Comply with Business (and where necessary project) procurement procedures.
- Monitor flow of material requisitions and ensure authorisation protocol is followed.
- Process material requisitions in accordance with the documented process.
- Interface with key supply chain providers and conduct performance reviews.
- Monitor expenditure to ensure that up-to-date cost information is available and known to the Business.
- Liaise with key supply chain providers and visit as necessary.
- Negotiate deals and long-term arrangements with local supply chain providers.
- Prepare enquiries and pricing schedules.
- Co-ordinate and work with team to develop package specific Scope of Works documents
- Add value in reducing internal spend.
- Work to drive the Business procurement strategy forward.
- Carry out other duties as required by the Procurement Manager.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Construction Material Procurement
- Knowledge of Construction supply chains and providers
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive Package and the opportunity to grow with a dynamic and pro-active developer. Contact me today to find out more about the company.
Randstad Construction Property Engineering is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.