Reed in Partnership changes people's lives for the better. Our mission is to deliver services that positively transform people and their communities.
Learning to drive can have a significant impact on an individual's life, and Reed in Partnership is proud to soon be part of this journey. From September 2021 we will be working with the DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency) to deliver the driving theory test in several locations across the UK.
As part of this we will be recruiting for Test Centre Managers to deliver the service up and down the country.The Role:
The Regional Test Centre Manager manages the day-to-day delivery of our DVSA Test Centre Network (TCN) service across a multi-site, defined geographical region. Our DVSA TCN operates 6 days a week, including some evenings.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Test Centre Manager will be responsible for ensuring high quality and compliant service, that adheres to our contractual commitments. Test Centre scheduling and shift rota management will be a key focus of your role, ensuring Test Centre utilisation is maximised and staffing is cost-effectively deployed.
You will have formal line management responsibility for all front-line staff in your region, with day-to-day Test Centre delivery supervised by a team of Senior Test Centre Associates.
You will be based at home but the role will require extensive travel including frequent and regular visits to each Test Centre in your region on a weekly basis. Because of this you will require access to your own vehicle.Key Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:Essential Attainments:
- Responsible for the delivery of a high quality and compliant service across a multi-site geographical region.
- Present & report on performance, identifying areas to improve the efficiency and quality of our service delivery.
- Devising Test Centre schedules and staffing rotas that maximise Test Centre utilisation and ensure employee resource to cost-effectively deployed.
- Proactive management of performance against schedule and contractual specification.
- Working collaboratively with our Workforce Management team to ensure our employee resources are aligned to business need.
- Managing on-boarding process, ensuring all Test Centre Associates are inducted and screened efficiently to minimise delays in their deployment and to maintain Test Centre compliance.
- Reviewing planned and actual hours worked, non-attendance, absence and other workforce metrics, monitoring for discrepancies to ensure the accurate and timely capture of workforce hours and attendance.
- Authorising hours worked in line with payroll timelines.
- Devise & regularly monitor Test Centre standards (e.g. health & safety measures, customer service delivery, site cleanliness, functioning equipment etc.) and delivery to ensure they are contractually compliant and in line with company expectation.
- Utilise Management Information to monitor performance, trends, and best practice.
- Conduct periodic Test Centre team meetings to aid performance delivery within each Test Centre.
- Conduct 1-to-1 performance reviews.
Disability Confident Commitment:
- Hold a degree/relevant qualification & a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent Level 3 Diploma.
- Significant experience of working of multi-site and/or remote management.
- Demonstrable experience of managing services within a retail, logistics, invigilation or comparable sector.
- Experience of managing teams to adhere to strict quality & compliance requirements.
- Significant experience creating & managing staff shift rotas to meet fluctuating business demands.
- Demonstrable success of managing a team to achieve performance, financial and quality KPIs to ensure cost efficiency of service, quality of delivery and achievement of financial targets.
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, or maternity. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.