Marks Sattin are working with a progressive FMCG organisation based in Northampton to recruit a Procurement Officer to join during their exciting time of change and growth.
The Procurement Officer will manage all aspects of purchasing and stock to efficiently and effectively support organisational objectives. The Procurement Officer will liaise with senior stakeholders, so strong communication skills are key.Key Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Direct procurement policies to ensure all items are purchased and delivered within budget and time constraints.
- Identify and source new suppliers to meet business needs and or changes in circumstances.
- Establish and implement robust procurement policies, procedures and best practices.
- To be a key stakeholder in delivering improvement actions from the daily ops meeting to deliver the Operational Scorecard.
- Ensure stock levels are maintained in our ERP system at the set limits to ensure we are not under / overexposed to fluctuations in demand and flag immediately concerns with shortfalls/over stock issues.
- Review purchase orders for proper authorization and compliance with organizational policy and procedures.
- Evaluate contracts to ensure compliance with legal requirements and organizational policies
- Create and present business cases surrounding procurement strategy and influence senior decision making where necessary.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers.
- Report progress on a weekly/monthly basis against all KPI's, having actions in place to address all deviations from targets, promoting a continuous improvement culture.
- Contribute to the "New Product Development" process and procure materials and solutions as needed.
- Develop and manage purchasing budgets and forecasts as agreed by Senior Management.
- Direct continuous improvement of purchasing processes in line with changing organisational needs and market conditions.
- Supports the Company's environmental and sustainabilty ambitions and plans.
- A relevant Procurement Qualification, i.e. CIPS
- Proven Procurement experience within a FMCG / "fast paced organisation"
- Previous purchasing and management of materials
- Good analytical and strategic skills
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to deal with a variety of stakeholders
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Experience in managing supplier contracts and ability to negotiate
- Experience adhering to budgets
- A strong ERP system user and proficient using Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
If you feel you meet the requirements of the fantastic role please apply today!