motivated by our commitment to deliver peace of mind, providing residents with safety and security in an environment where they can expect the same level of care and attention, they'd receive from a loved one. We promise to ensure our residents are respected, nourished and supported to express themselves, taking maximum enjoyment and value from every day of their lives.Purpose of Role:
You will be responsible for supporting the Lead Nurse in providing excellent Care Quality in line with CQC regulations. Working as part of a dedicated and committed team, you will deliver the highest level of care to our residents, delegate tasks effectively to our competent Nursing Assistants and act as the 'Nurse In Charge' when Senior Nursing Staff are absent. You will also liaise with external professionals such as social workers, GP surgeries and hospitals.Core Responsibilities & Duties:
- Take responsibility for the well-being of our residents including making sure their physical, emotional and social needs are met.
- Promote our residents' independence, choice and dignity by delivering the very best standards of care and striving for continuous improvement.
- Carry out assessments to develop, implement and evaluate individualised care plans for each of our residents.
- Deliver clinical guidance to the care team, by leading, motivating and mentoring the team to ensure the safe and efficient running of the care home.
- Take handover at the beginning of shifts and give a details handover at the end of shifts.
- Ensure Care Staff are informed on gaps in care immediately.
- Administer medication in accordance with appropriate regulations and in line with NMC regulations.
- Maintain resident, medication and other records as appropriate and as per the Home policy, ensuring that accidents, incidents and safeguardings are reported, logged and updated.
- Monitor work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and conform to the relevant standards, policies and legislation.
- Ensure Health and Safety issues are dealt with promptly and all equipment is used correctly.
- Report any serious incidents to Senior Management immediately.
- Support the policies of the Home in Fire Prevention and Security Measures and attend fire training
- Support the policies and procedures of the Home and attend appropriate courses to maintain individual nursing registration.
- Ensure adherence to the Codes of Practice laid down by the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Liaise with GPs and other external professionals as required and to be a point of contact for relatives and representatives.
- Ensure clinic daily checks are carried out.
- Attend the monthly Clinical Care Meeting.
- Assist the Registered Manager with staff training and the induction of new colleagues.
Knowledge & Skills
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the Registered Manager.
- Have a valid NMC pin and a genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development.
- Be passionate about caring for the elderly and have a flair for helping people maintain their independence, choice and dignity.
- Be an effective communicator, able to build strong and honest relationships with residents and the people they care about.
- Have a willingness to coach, guide and support your team, including providing formal and informal programmes of teaching to colleagues and other care professionals.
- Be a respectful and compassionate team player with the belief in giving your personal best.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritise your workload, develop action plans, and think and work strategically.
- Good written and face to face communication skills.
- Proven ability to motivate, attract and inspire your team.
- Investment in training & development