We are looking for a Finance Manager who is confident and happy working at a fast pace. Previous Finance Manager / Management Accountnant experience would be great and this could be an excellent opportunity for Finance Manager looking to step up and take on more responsibility.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Work through the debtors in a consistent manner to ensure all overdue debts are contacted
- Adapt collection style throughout the ledgers to suit individual customers
- Review monthly overdue accounts and place on stop if required
- Escalate problematic accounts to management
- Build effective business relationships with internal and external customers to maximize cash collection and minimise risks
- Allocation of customer payments
- Maintain an accurate collection diary with notes
- Monitor failed direct debits and pursue alternative payment
- Produce high quality work volumes and call statistics
We are looking for someone who show the following:
- Enjoys working as part of a busy team
- Formal accounting qualification (CIMA, ACA or equivalent) and experience of working in the commercial, education or charity sector.
- Experience of compliance with legislation and regulations relevant to the position.
- A flexible approach to work in terms of both responding to changing or unforeseen circumstances.
- High degree of competence in both Excel and Word.
- Experience of working in a high-volume purchase ledger environment.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong IT skills including Excel.
- Experience of working within a similar credit control role