Part Time (2 days per week) Legal Administrator required for a Newcastle Law Firm
Your new role
This role is working within a full service law firm as a legal administrator.
What to Expect
- Opening standard new files.
- Taking new client calls directly and obtaining file opening details and brief matter description.
- Allocating new clients to the appropriate fee earner based on salary and capacity.
- Sending out an engagement letter to the client (hard copy and email) and preparing a hard copy of file for the fee earner.
- Assisting clients with queries, usually regarding ID documents but if unable to assist take message and inform fee earner or compliance team.
- Scanning and filing returned authorities to proceed, id documents and utility bills into the system.
- Sending out an email to fee earners requesting their weekly capacity.
- Updating the capacity list every Monday and sending them back to Partners.
- Keeping track of any new clients that are referrals.
- Once a month preparing a spread sheet and a list of referrals to all fee earners within the department and distributing the list and spread sheet.
- Emailing Compliance where issues arise around possible conflicts.
What you'll need
- Minimum 2 years' experience as an Administrator in the legal/professional services sector
- Typing speed minimum of 55wpm
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.