OA Executive is pleased to have partnered with a Transportation company looking for a Category Manager to join their friendly and dynamic team on a 1-year Fixed Term Contract. They are a brilliant company to work for with lots of opportunity within the business, with the potential to apply elsewhere in the business after the year. They not only offer brilliant opportunities to progress your career, they offer excellent benefits including free travel and a supportive environment.
The company has an excellent reputation in their industry and offer the opportunity to progress your career in Category Management in the Transportation industry.
In this role you will lead the management of key direct categories and deliver optimal cost savings.
- Delivery of agreed savings and value add targets
- Active management of supply risk and performance
- Development of supply chain capability to meet future business needs
- Development of key stakeholders within the business
- Identify opportunities for synergies, cost savings and revenue growth
- Implement sourcing strategies for allocated categories
- Conduct high value tenders, maintain supplier contracts
- Draft maintain and update supplier contracts for allocated category expenditure including any Framework agreements as required
- Manage the supplier review process in support of relevant Operating Company Directors to deliver effective ongoing supply solutions
- Manage spend analysis and market intelligence for allocated categories, continually striving to update and maintain the quality of information and system data accuracy
- Act as a single point of contact for allocated and adhoc contracts
- Utilise e-Tendering, Inventory Management and Oracle Procure to Pay systems as efficiently as possible to ensure smooth operating company processing
- Generate new process improvements in the supply chain implementing new products that enhance efficiency
- Challenging and re-engineering specifications through collaboration with technical support and the supply chain
- Maintenance of system data to ensure integrity and accurate information for commodity tenders.
- Obtain whole life cost efficiencies by linking purchase cost, efficiency, support and ongoing maintenance to ensure the most efficient procurement solutions are achieved
- Develop and maintain a supplier matrix to capture risk and spend and plan for all upcoming contract renewals and sourcing opportunities
- Bus industry procurement is desirable!
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Working towards CIPS Qualification or CIPS Qualified
- Excellent Excel skills including Pivot Tables and V-Lookups
- Procurement skills including - negotiation, problem solving, and the power to influence
- Previous experience with an e-Sourcing and tendering system
- Category Management experience with Direct Procurement
If you think this is you and would like to be considered, please submit your CV immediately and lets talk!
Advertised by OA Executive. Please note that due to a high volume of response OA receive; only successful candidates will be contacted for the purposes of the Regulations, please note that Office Angels in the provision of these services will be operating as a recruitment agency.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer. By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.