A long-term permanent opportunity has become available with this highly regarded organisation for a proven self-starter with public sector procurement experience and the ability to deliver large and complex public procurements.
Within your role as Procurement Manager, you'll have responsibility for ensuring that all aspects of the procurement cycle are planned and managed in consultation with the Procurement Lead to meet the programme delivery timelines.
These responsibilities will include:
- Stakeholder engagement
- Market analysis
- Supplier selection
- Formulating strategy
- Developing and delivering high quality procurement documents
- Evaluation and contract award with a well-developed understanding of the bidding process
You will be familiar with competitive negotiation, NEC3 & JCT contracts and you'll have excellent communication skills combined with the ability to work closely with your peers in delivering concurrent projects to tight deadlines.
Initially you will have no direct reports, but with anticipated line management responsibilities in the future you will be someone with the ability to provide practical advice and strategic direction to your peers.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with both the Project Delivery and Commercial Delivery Teams across a matrix management structure.
- Working with Senior Leaders to develop both project and company-wide continuous improvement in procurement practice.
- Working flexibly with an office base at one of several locations in Cardiff, Bristol or Oxford. You will have a great deal of work-from-home flexibility, but there will be a requirement for you to visit the Cardiff office fairly frequently.
You will have a strong understanding of governance and legislation surrounding procurement, and knowledge of public procurement regulations is essential.
Please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV for more information. To ensure fair consideration is given, please include information about your involvement in any recent complex, high value public procurements within your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you.