The Finance Assistant is responsible to the Assistant Bursar (Finance). The purpose of the post is to assist in the day to day running of the Bursar's Office and to provide financial and administrative support to colleagues, girls and parents.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Maintain supplier details in the purchase ledger.
• Log all incoming invoices, liaise with budget holders for approval of invoices.
• Manage BACs payments to suppliers.
• Reconciling statements from suppliers.
• Prepare monthly reconciliation of the purchase ledger.
• Dealing with telephone queries from suppliers and staff.
• Filing of invoices and statements.
• Daily banking and balancing of cash receipts.
• Payment for non-purchase ledger items (to include cheques, account transfers and BACS)
• Posting of bank account transactions to the database.
• Reconciliation of credit card statements, ensuring all receipts in support of purchases have been authorised.
• Preparation of monthly (approximately 10) bank reconciliations.
• Dealing with petty cash requests from all staff.
• Preparation of monthly petty cash reconciliations.
• Posting nominal ledger journals.
• Prepare monthly reconciliation and expense summaries of the nominal ledger.
• Preparing monthly reports for budget holders (from our MIS and/or Excel).
• Dealing with nominal ledger queries.
Other (can also be actioned by all in Finance)
• To arrange currency cards and foreign currency for staff use.
• Filing of other documents relevant to the post.
• Assist in the preparation of documentation for the annual audit.