Are you experienced or qualified in supporting children and young adults? Are you located in Devon?
We have a rewarding opportunity to work as a Teaching Assistant within outstanding schools and units in Devon. You will initially be working on a supply basis, but there is the opportunity to apply for long term and permanent positions within the settings.
• Preparation of lesson resources
• Collaboration with classroom teacher to organise appropriate activities
• Liaising with other professionals such as social workers and speech therapists
• Working closely with other LSAs and support staff
• Working with small groups of children and with children on a one to one basis
• Experience of working with young people with SEN needs
• Comfortable in managing challenging behaviours and confident in your ability to control it
• Ability to engage and build rapport with young people
• Be creative, proactive and flexible in your supporting style
• To be able to provide a nurturing and caring connection with vulnerable students • Resilience when faced with challenges, the ability to remain calm when faced with testing behaviours.
• Primary or secondary curriculum experience
• Enhanced DBS on the update service (opportunity to prepare this with Randstad if not)
• Advice and editing on your current CV
• Online e-learning training modules
• Great market knowledge to match you to your perfect role
• Dedicated consultant throughout your journey
• Career advice
• On call 24/7
• Free Team teach training
• Exclusive online services
• Onsite parking
• Holiday accruement
• An allowance for flexibility
• Opportunity to gain a vast amount of experience
• Competitive rates of pay
• Access to hundreds of discounts at major retailers through our app
• Chance to receive £300* if you refer a friend
• Opportunity for progression into permanent roles
Do you feel that this is a role you would relish and thrive in? Could you contribute to making a valid transformation to someone's future? Are you ready for a challenge? Did you answer yes? Apply today! Randstad Education maintains the highest standard of child safety and compliance when placing candidates into schools. Successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the Enhanced DBS check.