Job Title: Business Studies TeacherSalary: MPS-UPSGreenwichJob Start: September 2021
Empowering Learning are working with a Greenwich secondary school to support their recruitment of a Business and Economics teacher to start in September 2021. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and experienced team at an exciting stage in their journey.
We are looking to recruit an extraordinary Teacher of Business Studies and Economics who shares the school's vision and commitment to their students. This role is suitable for an NQT or an experienced teacher. You will be able to teach GCSE and A-level and, ideally, have experience of delivering Economics as well.
You will be joining a highly motivated and passionate group of staff who work tirelessly in the best interests of the students. Staff development is high on the school's agenda and you will receive weekly CPD sessions, as well as designated department time to work collaboratively with the large departmental team.Essential Qualities for this role:
- QTS (Secondary age range)
- Degree level qualification
- Proven track record of successful Business Studies teaching across the ability range (including on teaching placements if you will be an NQT)
- Judged as a 'Good' or 'Outstanding' teacher
- Ability to set and achieve ambitious goals and challenging targets
- Ability to teach up to GCSE and A Level in Business and/or Economics
- Ability to interpret and analyse performance data
- Understanding and commitment to safeguarding procedures
- Good use of ICT as a teaching and learning tool
- High expectations of students and the ability to ensure that all students' needs are met
- The ability to build positive relationships with colleagues, students and parents
- Understanding of a broad range of current relevant educational issues/initiatives
- Evidence of commitment to own professional development
- Ability to prioritise, plan, and organise self and others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If this is a role that appeals to you and you think you have the potential to join the school's team, then please submit your CV to register your initial interest with Empowering Learning.
The school has a strong ethos of student welfare therefore any successful applicant will undergo a full enhanced criminal record check (DBS). For more information please contact John Byrne at Empowering Learning Ltd.