A global and leading consulting firm are looking for an interim management accountant for a period of 3 months. This opportunity comes at crucial time for the business as they prepare for quarter year-end.
- Revenue recognition
- Review sales contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition under US GAAP
- Analyse and understand various products/business and revenue/expense streams to ensure proper revenue recognition and proper code setup in the system
- Month end closing of monthly revenue and expense ledgers with rigorous closing schedules: prepare revenue journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assist in compliance with revenue recognition policies under revenue recognition standards US GAAP.
- Prepare and post journal entries including, variable compensation accruals, prepaid expenses, expense accruals and software capitalisation
- Preparation and posting of month-end journals
- Preparation of general ledger account reconciliations in line with SOX requirements
- Month-end processes including month-end accounting and ensuring compliance with US GAAP & UK GAAP
- qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or QBE
- Revenue recognition experience is essential
- Experience with doing the full month end close process
- Knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP and SOX
Your previous revenue recognition experience will be paramount in ensuring the EMEA Finance team meets their deliverables. You will have a hands on approach and be extremely proactive.