About PwC's Operate
PwC's Operate delivers operational and managed services solutions to clients across a range of situations often associated with their regulatory, risk and/or compliance agendas. We bring together regulatory insight, highly skilled operational resources and an unrivalled technology offering to provide a high quality and cost effective solution to operational delivery challenges.About the role
We are looking for an individual who is a strong planner, influencer and has proven experience in project delivery. The individual will bring high energy, thrives on building excellent relationships and continually seeks to improve the service we provide.
The role involves the management, planning and execution of large, complex, and strategically significant client programmes, understanding the strategy, and designing and planning of initiatives to shape their execution. The individual will mobilise and lead cross-functional teams through to execution and implementation, whilst driving and maintaining senior leadership and client engagement. Using our accredited framework the individual will implement our proven methodologies to drive standardisation and quality.Key Responsibilities
What is in it for you?
- Develop strong relationships across all lines of service and our external client base
- Identify and adopt relevant technology solutions to support high quality, efficient outcomes
- Ensure successful programme delivery through the use of our standard PM methodologies and processes
- Work with our internal and external client to build and delivery successful programmes
- Be responsible for adherence to quality management principles throughout all services provided for yourself and your team
- Manage risk exposure across multiple projects through the identification and management of key project risks to ensure the delivery of business goals
- Lead and provide support and coaching to the wider PMO Services team either as part of a programme or through our management structure
As we're responsive to client demands, your role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with a wide variety of high profile clients. We're also exceptionally passionate about providing you with the necessary skills, experience and training to help you develop both personally and professionally. Our own PMO skills matrix will provide you with a bespoke training framework, which will be tailored to match your skills, needs and career aspirations. Fully funded by us, you may complete externally accredited qualifications that will benefit you in the roles you are working in. Our training programme is further enhanced through a variety of softer skills training sessions focusing on your relationships and leadership style.
In addition to the client projects and training, our employees are also rewarded with various other benefits offered as part of your employment
- Our dedicated internal Careers Service.
- Competitive salary plus a potential discretionary bonus (performance related)
- 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package
- A flexible benefits scheme that can be tailored to suit your (and your family's) needs. Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by PwC.
You will be based in Belfast, however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to work in other locations within the UK and beyond, sometimes at short notice and sometimes over lengthy periods of time. Your desire and ability to do this will be discussed as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who are unable or do not wish to work on projects in other locations will still be considered.Requirements of the role
Additional preferred skills
- Strong communicator and influencer who is great at connecting the dots at the organisation, strategy, program, and project levels.
- Demonstrated experience of managing a team within a professional management role
- Strong business and commercial acumen and ability to build an understanding of the business, to develop a deep understanding of business needs, to build and shape delivery plans.
- Comfortable working with, presenting to, and facilitating decisions among senior stakeholders. Able to ask the right questions and challenge the status quo.
- Proven strength in positions of leadership with the ability to mobilise, inspire, and lead teams.
- Demonstrated experience designing and leading strategic planning. Able to engage not just on the how, but also the why.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated experience in a project and business environment
- Expert knowledge of programme and project management. Knows the tools (eg., change management, dependency management, risk management, strong communication) and when to use them, when not to use them, and when it's time to create new ones.
- 4+ years experience in PMO/Project management and/or management consulting role.
- Undergraduate degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- Previous experience of working in a regulatory driven change environment, a banking, technology or manufacturing environment or IT enabled change environment
- Any relevant professional qualifications such as PRINCE2, Six Sigma, Lean