New Job Opportunity (Perm)Compliance ManagerLloyd's Insurance Company / MGASalary - Up to £65,000 + excellent benefits
A brand new permanent Compliance Manager opportunity is available working for a growing Lloyd's Market Insurance Company and MGA. This is a broad Compliance role and the candidate will take responsibility for:-
- Compliance advisory, compliance monitoring and relevant deep dives to writing up reports and making recommendations for policy and procedural updates in line with Lloyd's, the FCA and PRA regulations.
- Advising the business on a wide range of regulatory projects and matters such as, GDPR and Data Protection, Conduct Risk, Brexit, IDD and SM&CR ongoing requirements.
- To assist the compliance function in the completion and development of the Annual Compliance Plan and Annual Compliance Monitoring Plan, escalating any issues as appropriate.
- To assist in maintaining a controlled environment proportionate with the stated risk appetite of the group to ensure that all compliance requirements are met.
- To keep up to date with industry knowledge to ensure appropriate competency levels are maintained including, keeping abreast of FCA, PRA, Lloyd's and other applicable overseas regulatory developments.
- To assist in the maintenance of existing compliance &/or regulatory policies, procedures and processes to ensure they support the business in satisfying compliance requirements.
- To assist the compliance function with the monitoring of sanctions and financial crime. This includes providing assistance in undertaking client &/or territorial sanctions screening reviews, as may be requested by senior managers; underwriters &/or claims staff, as well as monitoring the continued relationships with clients through the screening tools utilised.
- To contribute towards adherence to Data Protection compliance, through the assessment of legal and regulatory developments; undertaking project assignments in support of ongoing processes, and working with the Compliance & Regulatory Analyst in monitoring operational risk.
- To monitor and research industry and business related compliance and regulatory developments and contribute towards the production of Management Information and the Regulatory Update for the Board and Senior Management.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience at an Insurance Company, MGA or Broker, in a compliance role is required and experience working within the Lloyd's market is preferred
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the right blend of technical knowledge, desire to work as part of a team, and communication skills that are required to thrive in this position.
Key Technical Skills/Knowledge/Professional Qualifications
- At least five years' solid relevant experience in a compliance or regulatory environment
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of PRA and FCA regulations
- Commercial experience of working in Lloyd's &/or London company markets
- Good understanding of GDPR requirements
- Ability to understand detailed requirements and to interpret for others - essential.