Altum are proud to be supporting a leading care provider in the search for an experienced and self-motivated management accountant. The charity, whose mission is to enable disadvantaged young people and adults to live independently and take control of their lives are continuing to grow and have acquired a small number of subsidiary companies recently.
This newly created and varied role will have full autonomy in setting up monthly and yearly reporting processes for these subsidiaries and will work closely with non-finance colleagues to produce insightful management accounts, increase financial literacy and present financial performance to senior leadership.
Responsibilities will include;
- Full responsibility for setting up and developing the monthly and yearly reporting processes for the organisation's newly acquired subsidiaries.
- Preparing and presenting monthly accounts to the Managing Director, including variance analysis and commentary
- Leading the annual budgeting process and working with budget holders to ensure they understand their budgets
- Being the made point of contact for the subsidiary finance staff
- Continuously seeking to improve processes for the subsidiaries and the group across reporting, budgeting, planning, and forecasting
- Supporting with the production of the financial statements and year end audit
- Preparing and posting journals
- Completing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Attending business meetings regionally on occasions
This is a unique opening for an experienced management accountant to embark on a new challenge with full responsibility for the accounting function from month end to presenting to senior leadership, as part of a high performing team. You will be at least a finalist level CCAB accountant with experience of both best practice and setting up/improving systems and processes in a small or start up businesses/new entities. You will be a self-starter and adaptable with the ability to build effective relationships.
Benefits include a generous holiday and pension allowance and flexible working/working from home. The role will initially be home-based.
If you are interested and feel you match the criteria, please apply today as we will be interviewing as early as end of this week!