Head of Finance
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Finance to lead and manage a small part-time finance team, with the overall responsibility for the finances and budget of a local Cathedral.Position:
Head of FinanceLocation:
Chichester, with flexible and home working consideredHours:
Full-time, 35 hours per week, part-time hours would be consideredSalary:
Pension contribution, 34 days' leave including Bank Holidays, Employee Assistance Programme, Free onsite parking and flexible working opportunitiesClosing Date:
Monday 10 May at 5pmFirst Interview Date:
Friday 20 MaySecond Interview Date:
Friday 27 MayThe Role
The Head of Finance, working closely with the Executive Director, actively contributes to the Cathedral's strategic planning, providing strong financial and commercial guidance. They will also ensure that all aspects of financial management are properly conducted and provide accurate, relevant and timely financial information to the Cathedral's governing bodies.
- Responsibility for all aspects of the Cathedral's financial management including its trading subsidiary which consists of a shop, holiday let and accommodation business.
- Assessing and making commercially sound and pragmatic decisions and recommendations for change and ensuring they are implemented.
- Contributing to strategic planning, writing and inputting to business plans, providing support to enable sound business decision making ensuring financial considerations are fully considered.
- Preparing and monitoring annual budgets, working closely with the Executive Director and colleagues in other teams and overseeing the production of accurate monthly management accounts, balance sheets, cash flows and funds allocations.
- Preparing year-end financial statements.
- Liaising with auditors.
- Providing commentary and analysis, presenting as and when required.
- Overseeing staff payroll, pension contributions and HMRC returns.
- Monitoring property and investment income.
As Head of Finance, you will have a desire to understand and engage with the Cathedral's Christian mission and comfort in supporting its role as a living church.
You will have experience of:
- Working as a ICAEW, ACCA or CIMA qualified Financial Controller, Head of Finance, Finance Director or a role at a similar level
- Using accounting systems
You will have:
About the Organisation
- The ability to combine strategic thinking and the ability to be hands on
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate financial information effectively to non-financial audiences
- Confident leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate others to achieve their personal and organisational goals
The Cathedral is a living, working place of worship that has been at the centre of life in Chichester for over nine centuries. It is the Mother Church of the Diocese of Chichester which covers East and West Sussex and it is also a visitor attraction, a venue for music and the arts and an all-round hub for the community, welcoming over 350,000 visitors each year.
You may also have experience in areas such as Finance Manager, Finance Director, Head of Finance, Business Accountant, Accountant, CCAB, Financial Controller, Finance Control, Financial Control, Chief Finance Officer, CFO. ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA, Senior Financial Controller, Director of Finance, Church, Faith, Not for Profit, Charity.