I have partnered with a food and drink manufacturing company based in Medway who are looking for a Commercial Planning Manager to join their team.
The role is a commercial planning manager and reports into the commercial team as well as working very closely with the finance team.Due to the unique position it is essential candidates are CIMA qualified with a very strong analytical background.
The commercial planning manager is responsible for partnering with the commercial teams, and support the continued growth of the business by influencing and adding value to conversations with customers by providing cost strategies for products as well as providing financial analysis to the finance team.
Day to day duties include
- Creation, implementation, and monitoring of profit improvement plan
- Creating & managing a high-quality scorecard which contains insightful commentary
- Compile and circulate monthly risk profile
- Complete monthly profit predictions to allow for corrective action
- Provide supporting analytics to any M&A scouting & diligence activity.
- Analysing potential development initiatives and investments.
- Lead the strategic planning calendar, ensuring all elements of the process are properly planned and coordinated (including 5-year planning cycle, customer strategy review, BU strategy plans, etc.)
- Work with Group Strategy Director and other key stakeholders to prepare the business's financial and 3-year strategic plan. Creating financial models to project long term growth & determine the impacting business factors
- Support the commercial team with contract renewals and tender submissions for new business, assessing long term profitability.
- Monitor competitor products in store and undertake cost comparison where needed.
- Provide costings for new business development.
- Monitor stock levels and pricing for branded business in line with forecasts and market conditions.
Essential skills and experience required
- CIMA Qualified
- Previous experience working within an FMCG industry
- Strong analytical background
- Experience in influencing and negotiations and presenting to all levels
What's in it for you?
Flexible working 3 days in office (5 if major projects need working on)
Salary is negotiable depending on previous experience
Future to move into a business partner role
A secure industry and permanent job
Additional company benefits such as holiday, sickness etc.
Please apply below for consideration.