Science TeacherSalary: Up to £50,000BarnetJob Start: September 2021 Are you a NQT or Experienced Science Teacher looking for a new opportunity in a large school with massive opportunities? Would you like to work in an Outstanding school?
Now is your chance to excel your career and join a thriving school as a Science Teacher.
I am recruiting for a Science Teacher to join a recent Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' school in Barnet for September 2021, who demonstrates an enthusiastic and dynamic approach to teaching exciting and creative lessons. You will:
About the School
- Be responsible for teaching KS3 and KS4 Science
- Have the potential to be able to teach at KS5
- Have a passion about teaching and commitment to working together as a team, sharing ideas and developing resources
- Have a growth mindset
- Develop the pupils' knowledge and skills applicable to Science
- Have a passion for learning and teaching together with the skills to inspire and motivate staff and students
- Be open to undertake the role of a Form Tutor
- Need a QTS (or equivalent)
This school has a historic legacy, first opening in 1937 with only 200 pupils. As an extremely popular school with 1,420 students currently on roll, the school moved to a brand new state-of-the-art modern building in September 2010.
The school has a good staff retention and morale is high, attributed to clear structures in place which enable disruption free learning. There is a broad and balanced curriculum and well-being is a top priority. This particular school has an outstanding reputation in the local community and is significantly over-subscribed in all year groups including the Sixth Form which is consistently ranked in the top 10% of the country.What the school offer
Benefits of working at the school
- The Science Faculty is innovative and supportive.
- Their faculty incorporates traditional laboratory facilities in an open planned 'Faraday' space.
- Other facilities include an expansive outdoor wetland area and a three story drop zone.
- An outstanding team of dedicated professionals who will provide support and encouragement to you.
- Disruption free learning.
- The school is committed to growth mindset and the professional development of all colleagues. They also provide a wealth of CPD opportunities such as the 'outstanding teacher' programme, which complements the extensive in house CPD offered.
- Leadership and Coaching programmes are particularly useful for staff new to the school or new to post. Coaching allows you to discuss issues and anxieties in a confidential setting, separate from any assessment or performance management process.
- Wellbeing is a school priority and time is set aside to ensure colleagues are able to maintain a positive whole work balance.
- They have received several awards in recognition of their personal and professional development of staff.
- Serviced by great train, underground and bus transport links: Northern line, Piccadilly line and overground station and all are within walking distance.
- Being based in the outskirts of London means they benefit from a more rural location and cheaper housing prices whilst being only a short train journey into the centre of London.
- For those who drive, they have an ample free car park, and they have bike racks for those who choose to cycle.
- There are plenty of local shops and supermarkets in the surrounding area around the school, and a great view across the area from their floor to ceiling panoramic Library window.
- Behaviour and safety were judged to be Outstanding at the last full OFSTED inspection
- Very supportive, family atmosphere amongst staff.
- State-of-the-art school building which was opened in September 2010.
- Extensive grounds and modern outdoor sports facilities.
The school has a strong ethos of student welfare. Therefore, any successful applicant will undergo a full enhanced criminal record check (DBS). For more information please contact Kyle Burgher
at Timeplan Education on or . The school is interviewing ASAP for the right person! APPLY NOW to not miss out.