Assistant AccountantPart or Fully AAT Qualified12 months Fixed Term Contract - Potential Perm following 12 monthsSalary: Up to £20k + Bonus + Flexible working + BenefitsLocation: Leeds Centre with home working
A 12 month fixed term role covering maternity leave has become available within the Leeds Client Accounting Team.
The function of the role is to assist in the property data management & control of finances of client monies held (on behalf of Investors) in order to manage a property portfolio. The Client Accounts Assistant is to work within a team of Client Accountants carrying out tasks for the team.
The client selection includes national contracts serviced from each office. Our clients, client information is predominately held on MRI but the role may require personnel to work on one or more of our clients own Property Management systems.Primary Objectives
Key tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain housekeeping of Property & Lease data and financial data on databases.
- Assist the Client Accountants in reporting to clients (standard reports plus additional as required)
- Ensure accurate reconciliation of client reports (i.e. VAT, client statement etc)
- Site Income Reconciliations
- Prepare Instructions for Treasury department (following the relevant approvals) of the following: 1) Demand recharges of costs incurred from Tenants 2) Transfer of Rent monies to client 3) Amendments to Client Accounts 4) Payment of client property related transactions 5) General maintenance of client funds i.e. tenant refunds etc
- Maintain professional working relationships with internal and external clients and ensure that good client service is delivered - Other miscellaneous administration tasks as required
- Ad-hoc tasks instructed by Client Accounts Team Leader and Head of Property Finance UK.Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- You must be currently or have studied part way through AAT Qualification
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attention to details skills
- Excellent communicator
- Strong team player