Adecco Cramlington are delighted to represent their client in a search a GL accountant - we're looking for people who want longevity within their role, where they feel valued and have opportunity to gain a permanent contract as well as the potential to progress; depending on their work ethic.
Reporting to the regional Financial Controller for Continental Europe, the postholder will be responsible for ensuring that all transactions have been properly accounted for and accurately reflect the company's accounting process. This role is to cover maternity leave for an approximate period of 6-9 months
1. Completing all allocated month-end processes in line with agreed deadlines.
2. Performing timely and accurate balance sheet reconciliations and income statement analysis.
3. Accounting for fixed asset movements and maintaining depreciation runs.
4. Carrying out reconciliations on intercompany accounts.
5. Processing and recording intercompany payments/clearings and recharges.
6. Undertaking daily cash forecasting, communicating with the business to ensure accurate forecasting, and supporting the weekly submission to the global Finance team in the US.
7. Analysing financial data, producing a variety of financial reports and making appropriate recommendations as required.
8. Administering the marketing bonuses and chain bonuses.
9. Identifying and implementing process improvements across all activities.
10. Assisting with any internal and external audit requirements (i.e. prepare schedules, provide supporting documentation etc.) and interface with auditors as needed.
11. Ensuring all activities are carried out in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley controls.
12. Reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and SLA's.
13. Continually reviewing processes to maximise efficiencies.
14. Adhering to agreed processes and controls, ensuring compliance with best practice.
15. Performing other duties and responsibilities as and when required to support the finance team
1. Currently studying towards or fully qualified in professional accounting exams (AAT level or above) and/or able to demonstrate Qualified by Experience (QBE).
2. Previous experience in a similar role.
3. Strong Excel skills.
4. Proficient in other Microsoft packages - e.g. Word, Outlook.
5. Experience of using SAP advantageous.
6. Meticulous attention to detail.
7. Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate appropriately with different stakeholders and build strong working relationships.
8. Excellent planning and organisational skills including the ability to work to meet deadlines and prioritise workloads where necessary.
9. The ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and flexible approach to work.
10. The ability to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
11. A second language would be a distinct advantage, particularly French.
If you feel this is a role for you please apply, or call the branch for more details. We look forward to hearing from you.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.