Software Development Team Leader, up to £80,000
ReactJS Web Applications / Full Stack Developer / Team Lead / Software Manager / Agile / Rest API's / CI/CD / POS / E-Commerce
This is a great chance to lead an amazing team of Developers as the company enter an exciting stage of their growth. They have the vibe of a start up business but the safety of what is fast becoming a leading name in this sector. Recently acquired by a global payments business it's full steam ahead with huge new investment to grow the team. That's where you come in...
We're looking for a talented Team Leader with strong ReactJS and ideally experience of working with Point of Sale software or developing in an e-commerce environment.
Their software was developed with their customers for their customers. They have a single platform approach regardless of industry or use case, open API integration for their clients benefit and deliver a service led culture.
The team currently work from home, remotely. When restrictions are lifted you'll need to attend the office (Luton or London) occasionally.
Build an ecosystem of simple yet powerful products for their 1.5m+ merchants around the world which will help them grow their businesses. This includes building a robust restaurant POS system that allows merchants to process contactless payments seamlessly.
How you'll do it:
• Lead a small cross-functional team and thoughtfully ship code often
• Own the development cycle within your team, from scoping through to sign-off
• Mentor junior colleagues by leading from example. Be hands on in writing new codes to agreed standards
• Run efficient tests, understand why to test it, and know how to write meaningful tests
• Make it extremely simple for merchants and consumers all over the world to use their products
• Work with product managers and support team to build new features for users to help them grow their businesses
To succeed in your mission, you will need to have:
• Many years of professional experience working as a full-stack developer
• 2+ years of professional experience leading a small development team
• Demonstrable experience building ReactJS web applications
• Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
• Good experience of backend development (preferably in Laravel, but not essential)
• Experience in building and consuming REST APIs and parsing data structures in JSON
• Agile Software Development and CI/CD pipelines experience
• Knowledge and understanding of modern software design patterns
• You have a proactive attitude and a product mindset - you own what you build
Useful to have
• Experience with MySQL or Amazon Aurora databases
• Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth, technology-focused organisation
• Knowledge of authentication concepts (oAuth, JWT etc.)
• Experience with payment integrations (SumUp, Stripe, PayPal etc.)
Why you should join
• A truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
• You'll have the opportunity to make an impact.
• You'll attend global off-site and regular team events when possible
• You'll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training.
Salary: £65,000 - £80,000 p/a depending on experience.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration
Lead Software Developer / Team Leader / Lead Software Engineer / Lead Engineer / Development Manager / Software Manager