Are you eligible to sit for your CPA exam or are you in the middle of taking your tests. If so RBT CPAs would like to meet with you.
This position is located in our Newburgh, NY Office.
Some but not all of the essential requirements of the position include:
- Perform all aspects of client fieldwork relating to accounting engagements under the direct supervision of senior team members and above.
- Possess and apply a solid understanding of accounting principles as they relate to individual client assignments.
- Possess a general understanding of various services the firm provides and articulate them to clients.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital to prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports that summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and trial balance.
- Prepare write-up, compilations, and financial statements.
- Research simple tax questions. Assist with moderate tax questions.
- Prepare simple to moderate individual, corporate, partnership, fiduciary and nonprofit federal, state, or local tax returns.
- Prepare consolidated/unitary corporate and other multi-state returns.
- Prepare payroll, sales, and property tax returns.
- Conduct frequent internal communication to insure that owner or manager in charge, supervisor, and subordinates are informed of job status, problems, and additional service opportunities.
- Develop one-on-one relationships with key client employees and become the main source of client interaction throughout the year for assigned engagements.
- Develop a personal network to assist the firm in achieving practice development and marketing goals by identifying new business opportunities with existing clients.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Master's Degree in Accounting or has 150 credits and eligible to sit for the CPA Exam
- Proficient computer ability relative to Microsoft office suite, spreadsheets, tax preparation software, trial balance software, time entry, word processing, and internet research.
- Ability to analyze and reconcile accounting data.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Accurate, organized, and timely work habits.
Powered by JazzHR