Project Accountant, Bristol or Filleigh (Devon) - Full TimeA little about us...
We create world-class exhibitions and live events for clients all over the world. We typically deliver 500+ events per year across 6 continents.
Most of our team are based in Bristol and North Devon. We also have offices in London, San Francisco, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Shanghai.
We work with a range of B2B clients across most industry sectors, from leading brands through to Government departments, and our events include anything and everything, from conferences and exhibitions, through to product launches, brand activations and roadshows.
We are looking for an experienced Project Accountant who can fulfil the project accounting and cost reporting requirements of all major public and private sector contracts, including day-to-day interface with the Senior Leadership Team, Event Directors, clients and contractors.Responsibilities include:
- Managing client contracts from a financial and legal perspective, providing regular financial forecast, ensuring that monthly billing is completed, supplier purchase orders are managed and cash is collected in line with the agreed terms.
- Reporting on any risk arising or material deviations from the process as agreed in the contract.
- Maintaining a live schedule of all contracts across the agencies and working with the account management teams to ensure optimisation of the agreed terms.
- Ensuring that the agency is up to date with the latest developments in the contractual negotiation.
- Maintaining project-related records, including contracts amends and change orders.
- Reviewing supplier invoices/purchase orders with Event Directors for approval.
- Analyse timesheet compliance and billability for the agency.
- Review and report billing variances to the Commercial Director and Operations Director.
- Investigating project variances and submit variance reports to the Event Directors.
- Providing, understanding and adding value to Net Profit Per Client on an ongoing basis.
- Experience working within a Creative Agency, preferably in a similar position or in financial procurement or commercial roles.
- Alternatively, the experience of working in the marketing or communications sector, or in the client service environment.
- A part qualified accountant or QBE.
- Remains calm under pressure, can manage several tasks simultaneously and maintains excellent attention to detail while working to tight deadlines.
- Is a strong communicator with good interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with a range of people, including clients, suppliers and colleagues.
- You would need to be highly analytical, have knowledge of forecasting and manipulating complex data.
- The ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel, Word and Outlook is a must.
- A self-starter with strong organisational and administrative skills.
Then we'd love to hear from you! The rewards:
- 25 days' holiday, increasing to 29 after 2 years' service (+ Bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Medical cash plan - including employee assist programme, contributions to dental, optical, physio etc.
- Employee discount scheme - an online platform for all staff offering a variety of discounts with various shopping outlets
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Childcare vouchers
- Refer a friend scheme
- Regular staff social events
- Early Friday finishes in the summer
- Company Christmas closure
- Cycle to work scheme
- Corporate gym membership discounts
- Bike to work scheme
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Referral programme
- Wellness programmes
· Monday to FridayWork remotely:
· Temporarily due to COVID-19COVID-19 precaution(s):
· Remote interview process