West Horsley, Leatherhead, Surrey
On behalf of our client we are seeking a determined, enthusiastic and intelligent individual who wishes to pursue a career in accountancy. This is a genuine and rare opportunity to join a small accountancy practice who will assist with the costs for you to achieve your qualifications through examination and give you a broad and interesting induction into the accountancy world. If you feel accountancy is now the career you would like to pursue even if in the past you have chosen a completely different career path, this genuine practice is open to be convinced by you that accountancy is where you see your future.
They are a Surrey based accountancy and business advisory enterprise, set up to provide small businesses with a back-office workforce specialising in all aspects of Accountancy including Bookkeeping, Payroll, and the provision of Financial and Management Reports.
This is an opportunity for a qualified or experienced Bookkeeper, a trainee accountant or an experienced professional wanting to further their career, preferably with experience of working in Practice, to join them and work with clients across a range of industry sectors.
They will provide support towards continuous professional development , including towards examinations to become a member with a professional accountancy institute such as AAT, CIMA or ACCA.
Hours of work are 9.00am-5.30pm. Free parking on-site. Due to the semi-rural location of their business outside Guildford, it will be necessary for the candidate to have their own car. Salary is in the region of £20-25k, depending on experience and study package.
Tasks will include:
• Bookkeeping services for limited companies, sole traders, partnerships and LLPs up to trial balance.
• Preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting and management accounts.
• Preparation & submission of VAT returns.
• Liaise with and provide general technical advice/support to clients.
• Willingness to set an example to ensure workload is managed appropriately to meet client expectations. Managing client expectations and working extra hours as and when required.
• Contribute to practice growth by sharing ideas and becoming amongst other staff members a pillar that the business can rely on.
• Participate in business transformation by demonstrating a keen interest to change and embrace new processes and technologies as they come out.
Experience and skill set:
• Have previous experience within a General Practice - a plus but not a necessity.
• Proven experience of working with accounting software such as Xero, Sage or equivalent.
• Needs a good working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel.
• Experience working in a smaller close knit team and environment.
• Ability to manage work delivery within fixed and tight timescales.
• Ability to communicate well at all levels with colleagues and clients.
• Conscientious and good attention to detail.
• As a point of contact to our clients, the successful candidate will need to have excellent written and spoken English.
• Ideal for someone looking for career progression who may well of already studied for their some levels of their AAT qualifications.
Salary: £20,000.00 to £25,000.00.