Reed Accountancy are currently recruiting for a part time Finance Assistant to work for a family run business in Woodbridge.
This new role will be assisting our Finance Director in ensuring the smooth running of the finance operations.
• Create, send, and follow up on sales and purchase invoices
• Maintain tight credit control with customers
• Be the main point of contact for customer and supplier queries
• Management of foreign currency, including liaison with brokers using existing forward contracts and spot rates
• Prepare and arrange payment runs
• Collect information for and prepare payroll payments for employees, and manage all payroll and staff records
• Assist the financial director in creating financial reports on a regular basis
• Perform routine calculations to produce information for the monthly management accounts, to include reconciliations of all ledgers and accounts and financial KPI data
• Adhere to the company's or organisation's financial policies and procedures
• Attend finance department and company-wide meetings, sometimes assisting with financial reporting to senior managers
• Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.Finance Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Associate's or bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field; excellent mathematical skills; understanding of data privacy standards; integrity; honesty; customer-service skills; solid communication skills, both written and verbal; familiarity with business principles and practices; superior attention to detail; organisational skills; planning skills; problem-solving skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; computer skills, particularly with spreadsheets and calculation software.
- Hours: Flexible
- Salary: £12.00-£14.00 per hour depending on experience
- Office based