I am currently working a long side a market leading business who are looking for an Accounts Receivable Team Leader to join their growing finance team in their Luton office....
- Lead a team Accounts Receivable and Cash Application services in a continuous improvement environment
- Liaise with customers and clients via telephone/email/fax or letter in a professional manner and with a goal of supporting resolution of issues impacting them.
- Oversee the timely resolution of payment queries and correct allocation of funds within the company and client bank and sub ledger accounts
- Ensure the Advanced Collections are maintained with up to date detailed notes to ensure full Management visibility
- Work with clients on customer on/off block when appropriate to minimize bad debt
- Escalate any potential bad debt and concerns to Finance and business management as they arise
- Reporting and maintaining KPIs on a monthly basis and strive for improvements.
- Ensure all debt chasing targets are achieved
- Lead and support the implementation of process automations
- Support with Bank Reconciliations and forecasting
- Own the month end open and close process for AR / Cash Application
- Any ad hoc reporting or activities to support the business
- Experience from similar role including management experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Accounts Receivable and Credit Management processes including the ability to work with KPI's and business stakeholders
- Significant experience of working with MS Excel for business reporting
- Able to communicate effectively and with confidence with management and stakeholders across the business
- Must have a flexible approach to work and be capable of handling multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with, manage and empathise with colleagues and customers from varied backgrounds and cultures
Skills & Education:
- Strong understanding of financial compliance
- Very good written and oral skills in English
- Thorough and accurate approach to work
- High standard of interpersonal communication and convincing intercultural skills
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to use these skills to convey financial information to non-finance personnel
- Ability to work independently, using own initiative and target orientated
- Proactive approach to problem solving with the confidence to propose new solutions and process improvements
- Understanding of how build strong working relationships across business
Ideal candidates will have excellent leadership skills and will have a hands on approach with an eagerness to get stuck into the details. You will need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a flexible approach.
To find out more details of this opportunity please don't hesitate to contact me on the details below.