A Risk Manager is required by a dynamic and forward-thinking investment management firm to embed and develop the new risk framework, implement risk processes across the business and provide compliance support. You will be required to work in the London office at least 2 days a week with the option to work the other days from home. If you prefer to be in the office full-time then that's not an issue either!
This is a newly created role that will be very hands-on in its nature. Reporting directly into the COO, your responsibilities will include
- Maintaining and developing the business's risk management framework, working with management to develop and embed key aspects (e.g. Risk Appetite, Risk Reporting) across the business.
- Designing and implementing an appropriate approach to manage third party risk exposures.
- Monitoring internal business processes to identify, escalate and manage key operational risks.
- Supporting the maintenance of the compliance monitoring programme ensuring effective inputs, evaluations and reports are provided to the Board.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly executive reporting and inputting to the Board and Group Audit Committee packs.
- Assisting the Head of Compliance in providing ongoing advice to the wider business in relation to risk and compliance issues.
- Supporting Head of Compliance with business sign off process for all adviser and client materials.
You will be an experienced Risk specialist with strong asset management / investment management experience with a proven track record of implementing new risk, compliance and internal control related procedures. You must be happy to operate in very hands-on capacity but also be comfortable working closely with the Board and leadership team. Strong communication and stakeholder management skills are essential.