MMP Consultancy is exclusively working with a Suffolk based Council who are seeking for a Major Projects & Development Director to join their Team.
* Leadership, oversight and delivery of the Council's major construction projects demonstrating financial and commercial awareness with business acumen.
* Planning, directing, and supporting capital projects development to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of large capital projects.
* Direction over the commissioning, procurement and management of technical resources required for the delivery of projects including contract management.
* Directing project oversight, project control activities and the reporting of project progress to internal and external stakeholders through our clients governance structures.
* Demonstrating and embedding good governance/procurement within all project delivery and embracing the transparency agenda.
* Providing a Director lead on development and effective use of the Council's assets to achieve priority outcomes.
* Overseeing the asset portfolio with a view to maximising its efficiency and to bring forward proposals to enhance the Council's land use strategy working closely with planning policy.
* Developing excellent relationships with the market and key stakeholders to ensure effective delivery and encourage investment in the Borough.
* Playing a critical role in driving up performance and efficiency across the Council and its partners for the benefit of the Borough
* Providing innovative solutions to organisational challenges and opportunities
* Experience of working at a senior level in the context of project or programme delivery
* Experience of managing senior stakeholders and multi-disciplinary teams
* Experience of community engagement and leading complex work programmes
* Experience of leading high profile, high value projects
* Experience of working in a political environment
* Experience of service evaluation and driving change management
* Extensive experience of financial / budget management
If you would like an informal Discusson in regards to this role please contact Stuart Pryce on