Our client is currently recruiting for the exciting position of IT Configuration Technician, this position will be based in Crawley; Your working hours will be; Monday and Friday between the hours of 9.00am to 5.30pm.
Ability to start this role as soon as possible would be a bonus!IT Configuration Technician Duties
The role will be to work as a member of a busy team preparing new and returned devices (laptops, tablets and smartphones), which get issued to their clients' mobile workers. Each prepared device will include an agreed software image and some Clients require personalisation prior to being shipped. The role will also involve telephone support to some of the mobile workforce workers so being happy to talk on the phone is important. They also provide an IT recycling service so there will be a requirement to test, assess, clean and image devices for resale.
IT Configuration Technician Requirements
- Tracking work in progress and recording any issues and solutions implemented using the service management tool.
- Maintaining a high level of quality and efficiency when working sequentially in 'production style' work processes.
- Answering phones to deal with enquiries and helping to resolve problems.
- Ensuring all enquiries are dealt with in a customer focused manner.
- Maintaining a clear understanding of our Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Ensuring all processes are completed in adherence with our documented procedures.
To be considered for the position you will have the following skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Personal organisational and time-management skills.
- Able to handle repetitive work on a production line type process
- Ability and willingness to tackle, in a structured way, a large task load and willingness to work on own initiative.
- Ability to follow clear procedures/instructions.
- Good written and verbal communications.
- A high degree of numeric accuracy for the purposes of inputting serial numbers, Sim information and asset details.
- Common sense, logical thinker with the ability to think outside the box.
Any of the following attributes whilst not essential would be advantageous:
- Basic understanding of IT and telecoms hardware components, their functions, types and interrelationships.
- Some Knowledge of MS Windows 8.1, 10, Android 8 + settings and configuration.
- Basic IOS knowledge.
They are looking for someone who has an interest in IT, but more importantly is willing to learn and is a great team player. They will need to be forward thinking, beyond the given task along with having a flexible approach and not afraid to ask questions. Due to the nature of the role, they need someone who is confident in engaging with people at all levels. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
IT Configuration Technician Benefits
- Good one to one communication with the TEK Express team and Client staff.
- Clean and smart appearance.
- Willingness to learn and be a part of a friendly small team.
They don't just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, they offer
About the Company
- life assurance
- company pension scheme
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- £16,000 - £22,000 per annum
Our client provides tailored support services to Blue Chip companies to keep their mobile workforces on the road. They are looking for someone with a great personality to join the small team. Huge experience in IT is not necessary as they will offer 'on the job training'.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then our client wants to hear from you!If you think that you will be suitable for this IT Configuration Technician role, please apply now!
Our client are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
They also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do their very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process.
As an employer they are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all the staff.